T ROWE PRICE download problems (Q Mac)

Garyr069
Garyr069 Member ✭✭
Quicken for Mac, all accounts with T Rowe Price are not coming in and an orange/yellow dot appears next to the account name and no information is downloading. I've verified the login/password to enter my accounts and it is correct. Any thoughts as to what is going on?

Comments

• Quicken Jared
    Quicken Jared Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Garyr069 said:
    Quicken for Mac, all accounts with T Rowe Price are not coming in and an orange/yellow dot appears next to the account name and no information is downloading. I've verified the login/password to enter my accounts and it is correct. Any thoughts as to what is going on?
    Hello @Garyr069

I know that these download issues are frustrating, and I thank you for reaching out to us about this matter on the Quicken Community. When you try to update your accounts, are you receiving any error messages? How long have you been experiencing this problem? In order to troubleshoot this, I will just need a little bit more information.

I hope to work with you on this further, should you have the chance to check back in with us. 

Thanks, 

Quicken Jared 
  • Bill Newton
    Bill Newton Member ✭✭
    edited January 2022
    Was having same problem with my T. Rowe Price account, yesterday and this morning, on both the Mac and Windows versions of Quicken. Just tried the update again and it now works.
  • PQuincy
    PQuincy Member ✭✭
    Same for me: my TRP brokerage accounts have stopped accessing/downloading since mid-January. I get a "Download error -15500" when I try to update, and an orange dot by the account name. If I try to use "Set Up" to log in, Quicken tells me "Incorrect Customer ID or Password/PIN: T Rowe Price did not accept your login". I am using the correct password, and can log in to the Price website just fine.
  • PQuincy
    PQuincy Member ✭✭
    (PS: I tried disconnecting the two brokerage accounts completely, then quitting and restarting Quicken, and setting them up again -- same result).
  • Quicken Jared
    Quicken Jared Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    PQuincy said:
    (PS: I tried disconnecting the two brokerage accounts completely, then quitting and restarting Quicken, and setting them up again -- same result).
    Hello PQuincy,

I am saddened to hear that you are being troubled by this frustrating problem with downloads. I do appreciate that you took the opportunity to inquire with the Quicken Community about this.

Before we attempt any additional troubleshooting, first be sure to save a backup by going to File > Save a Backup in the menu at the top of the screen while Quicken is open. Do this frequently when using Quicken, as it can be exceedingly beneficial in a variety of situations and is necessary in data preservation. 

Next, I recommend disconnecting your accounts associated with T Rowe Price, clearing your Keychain Access app of associated passwords, updating your bank list, and then reconnecting your accounts. I will go over these procedures in greater detail below, and note that although some of them may appear familiar, the overall sequence will ultimately be relevant to achieving resolution. 

First, you will deactivate all T Rowe Price accounts, following the list below:
    1. Open Quicken.
    2. Go to the Accounts menu and choose Hide and Show Accounts;
    3. Uncheck any accounts with this specific financial institution (FI) that are hidden in Lists;
    4. When complete, click the Settings button in the bottom right of the register for the affected account;
    5. Click on the Downloads tab.
    6. Click on Disconnect Account, then click Done. Do this on each account with this FI. 
    7. Quit Quicken
    Secondly, I will then explain how to clear the Keychain Access app of all relevant passwords here:  
    1. Open Finder and go to Applications > Utilities > Keychain Access app;
    2. On the left panel in the Keychain app, set the Keychains to Login and the Category to Passwords.
    3. Find and delete any entries that show Quicken or Quicken Connect and this FI name;
    4. Quit the Keychain Access app and open Quicken.
    Lastly, you will update the bank list and reconnect the accounts:

1. Go to Accounts > New and pick an account type matching one of the affected accounts.
    2. At the bottom of the window that lists the financial institutions, click the "My bank is not listed" question mark icon; then click Update List.
    3. When the list finishes updating, it will display the current date. Click the Show List button to continue.
    4. Type the name of the financial institution and make the appropriate selection.
    5. Enter your login credentials and click Continue.
    6. When Quicken has returned all accounts discovered for this FI: In the Action column, make sure that the accounts are set to LINK to the corresponding accounts in Quicken (rather than Add or Ignore).  
    Also, a note on situations where only one account has been affected - a slightly different process detailed here will be attempted:
    1. Select the affected account in the account sidebar.
    2. Go to Settings > Downloads tab and select Connect Account.
    3. At the bottom of the window that lists the financial institutions, click the "My bank is not in the list" question mark icon; then click Update List.
    4. Type the name of the financial institution and make the appropriate selection.
    5. Enter your login credentials and click Continue.
    6. When Quicken has returned all accounts discovered for this FI, make sure the corresponding account is showing LINK in the action column and all other accounts are showing Ignore.
    I hope that this was helpful, and I look forward to any updates or clarification regarding this situation you might be able to provide.

Thank you,

Quicken Jared 
This discussion has been closed.