Keep getting 2FA prompts for some accounts

bryanck
bryanck Member ✭✭
Ever since Quicken for Mac 6.5 was released, I keep getting prompted for 2FA for two of my accounts, every time I download transactions, and sometimes get prompted multiple times. One account finally locked me out. This also coincided with the Quicken cloud outage late last month, so not sure if something got corrupted there. This is happening on 2 different Macs, I tried deleting everything from Keychain, but no luck.
Tagged:

Comments

• bryanck
    bryanck Member ✭✭
    edited January 2022
    The error for the account I'm now locked out of is "AGGREGATOR_IN_ERROR (FI_TIMEOUT:FDP-102)", and the error message states "There have been too many retries in a short period from your IP address". So maybe some Quicken retry loop is causing that.
  • Quicken Jared
    Quicken Jared Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    bryanck said:
    Ever since Quicken for Mac 6.5 was released, I keep getting prompted for 2FA for two of my accounts, every time I download transactions, and sometimes get prompted multiple times. One account finally locked me out. This also coincided with the Quicken cloud outage late last month, so not sure if something got corrupted there. This is happening on 2 different Macs, I tried deleting everything from Keychain, but no luck.
    Hello @bryanck,

I am sorry to hear that these two-factor authentication prompts are causing you so much frustration. Thank you for reaching out to the Quicken Community, nonetheless. Before I recommend any additional steps toward a resolution, I was wondering which banking institution or institutions these two accounts that were showing these symptoms were associated with.

Thanks,

Quicken Jared
  • bryanck
    bryanck Member ✭✭
    Venmo and USAA
  • Quicken Jared
    bryanck said:
    Venmo and USAA
    Hello @bryanck,

I am grateful that you are checking back in and keeping me informed about this, and that we can discuss this further. 

Have you tried disconnecting and reconnecting the accounts affected by this issue? First, be sure to save a backup by going to File > Save a Backup, then select one of the accounts experiencing these symptoms and go to the Settings menu via the 'gear' icon in the lower right-hand corner. From there, you will go to Downloads > Disconnect Account. You will do this for all of the accounts associated with Venmo and USAA.

Lastly, you will reconnect the accounts by going to Settings > Downloads and then clicking Connect Account.

I look forward to hearing back from you with any updates about this situation. 

Thanks,

Quicken Jared 
  • bryanck
    bryanck Member ✭✭
    I already tried disconnecting and reconnecting several times.
  • Quicken Jared
    bryanck said:
    I already tried disconnecting and reconnecting several times.
    @bryanck

Thank you for checking back in and updating me on the situation; I do appreciate that you took the time to speak with me about this. I am sorry that this issue appears to be ongoing.

Have you also tried signing out of Quicken and then back in? In order to do this, you would go to Quicken > Sign Out in the menu at the top of the screen while Quicken is open and then sign back in with your Quicken.com login credentials. 

Please let me know if you have any further questions, or if there are any new developments.

Thanks,

Quicken Jared 
  • bryanck
    bryanck Member ✭✭
    This did not help. I've tried everything, deleted everything on Quicken Cloud, disconnected and reconnected the accounts, signed out then back into Quicken, etc. All of these things I have done several times. I still get prompted for 2FA each time I sync, sometimes multiple times. It had been working flawlessly for years until 6.5 was released and the subsequent Quicken Cloud outage, so seems related to that.
  • Quicken Jared
    bryanck said:
    This did not help. I've tried everything, deleted everything on Quicken Cloud, disconnected and reconnected the accounts, signed out then back into Quicken, etc. All of these things I have done several times. I still get prompted for 2FA each time I sync, sometimes multiple times. It had been working flawlessly for years until 6.5 was released and the subsequent Quicken Cloud outage, so seems related to that.
    @bryanck,

I do apologize that you are still experiencing this problem; I know that this is frustrating. In this case, be sure to save a backup once more, and then we will look at previously saved data files. Go to File > Show Backups in Finder in the menu at the top of the screen while Quicken is open. Provided that you have been saving backups regularly, you should be able to locate a data file from prior to the most recent upgrade. Double click on the file and then click Restore This File.

I hope this helps, and I look forward to your reply, should you be able to follow up with us about this here on the Quicken Community.

Thanks,

Quicken Jared 
  • bryanck
    bryanck Member ✭✭
    The 6.5 upgrade and cloud outage was a month ago, I don't have a backup that old.
  • jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    @bryanck  Are you sure you don't have the pre-update backups Quicken creates — separate from the automatic updates upon quitting — when you installed the 6.5.0 or 6.5.1 updates?

If not, I'd offer a suggestion for the future that you need stronger data backups. For one thing, I recommend setting the number of backups Quicken retains to more than the default 10. (I set mine to 50, so I'm assured of having more than a month of backups.)

More importantly, every Mac user should be using either Time Machine or a cloud backup service, such as iDrive or Backblaze. (I do both.) Time Machine is simple, and only requires an inexpensive external hard drive; you set Time Machine to use that drive, and everything else is automatic. The cloud backup services require a little more set-up, but are also set-and-forget. If you have any data of value on your Mac, from Quicken to other documents to music or photos, you really need the protection of a complete backup service so you don't lose everything in the event your hard drive or computer suddenly dies. I've seen that happen to too many people, and it's easy enough to prevent it from being a catastrophic loss. So please accept this as a friendly admonition to protect your valuable data.
    Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993
This discussion has been closed.