2021 Missing Transactions - MAC version

DebPEI
DebPEI Member
I am trying to download transactions from 2021. My bank allows me to access transactions from the past 18 months. When I try downloading 12 months of transactions, the .qfx file is 78 KB and when I try to download one month, the .qfx file is 4 KB so I believe all the transactions are in each file; however, when I try to download, it just says "preparing to import" and then 0 files are actually imported. In the account status, it says "O new files imported". I have tried creating a new file and the same thing happens. I do have months Jan-March (which I downloaded previously) and Oct-Jan 2022 (which I downloaded recently) but can't seem to get the data from April-Sept even when I download that data month by month.

Also when I go to my account settings and set it to "download all available transactions" under Transaction Downloads, it keeps reverting to "download transactions starting".

Can anyone help?

Thanks.

Best Answer

• RickO
    RickO SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    Answer ✓
    I don't actual use QFX import myself, so I have no idea why it would only do one month at a time. One thing you can try: after creating a new file, with that file open, just double click the QFX file in the Finder. That should switch to Quicken and start the process to create a new account using that QFX. Maybe that will let you bring in more than one month at a time.
    Quicken Mac Subscription; Quicken Mac user since the early 90s

Answers

• RickO
    Is it possible that the Apr-Sep transactions were ever downloaded/imported at any time in the past? If so, Quicken will remember that and not download them again to avoid duplicates. If that's the issue there's a workaround which I will describe in detail if needed.
  • I am having the same issue missing over 8 months of transactions. Could you describe the workaround?
  • RickO
    Here you go:
    1. Create a new Quicken file (menu File > New) and choose start from scratch
    2. Name it something unique (e.g., Transfer File)
    3. (optional) move the file to your Desktop to easily find for deletion later (menu File > Move To)
    4. Create a new account for the troublesome bank, set up for Quicken Connect. Name it something different than your existing file's account. 
    5. Import the QFX file into this new account in the new file.
    6. When you have all the transaction there, export to QXF (menu File > Export > Quicken Transfer File (QXF)
    7. Open your regular file (menu File > Open Recent)
    8. Import the QXF (menu File > Import > Quicken Windows File (QXF)
    9. Now, with the new account in the regular file, select all the transactions.
    10. Drag and drop all transactions to the existing account.
    11. Delete the now-empty new account.
    12. Delete the new file you created.
    A couple of notes
    1. QXF is not the same as QFX
    2. Make a backup of your regular file before you start in case it goes haywire

• DebPEI
    DebPEI Member
    Thanks. I saw this in another post and tried it but it doesn't seem to work for me. I think it may be related to the Account Settings. Under "Transaction Downloads" (Account Settings/Downloads/Transaction Downloads), it keeps defaulting to "Download Transactions Starting" which starts on the day after my first download. I can't make it stay on "Download all available transactions" or change the date without it defaulting back. Any tips?
  • DebPEI
    DebPEI Member
    PS I really appreciate this help. I spent the whole day yesterday trying to fix this and it's driving me crazy.
  • DebPEI
    DebPEI Member
    PPS It seems to be working for one of my missing accounts if I create a new account and download the data one month at a time and then disconnect that account and transfer the transactions to the original account. For some reason, it doesn't work if I download more than one month at a time into the new account. It works whether I do this in the original file or create a new file for the new account (as long as I disconnect the old account).
  • RickO
    Answer ✓
    I don't actual use QFX import myself, so I have no idea why it would only do one month at a time. One thing you can try: after creating a new file, with that file open, just double click the QFX file in the Finder. That should switch to Quicken and start the process to create a new account using that QFX. Maybe that will let you bring in more than one month at a time.
  • DebPEI
    DebPEI Member
    OMG! What a simple and elegant solution and it works PERFECTLY. Thank you so much!!
This discussion has been closed.