Net Worth Report A Mess - from Dashboard View

anthonylorenzo
anthonylorenzo Member
edited January 2022 in Reports (Windows)
The Net Worth Report is a total mess. It includes stocks I no longer own, it has cash balances for my bank account which are different than what is actual in the Register. I have no idea where it is pulling data from [Removed - Speculation]

Best Answers

• Sherlock
    Sherlock Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2022 Answer ✓
    Please provide the version of Quicken being used: select Help > About Quicken

We use R36.38 and don't see Net Worth on the Dashboard view.  I suspect you're referring to the Net Worth item on a Home view.  If so, I suggest you review the customizations set for the item: select the gear icon and select Customize this graph.  Note: Do not trust the all accounts, categories, tags, or securities choice at the top on the tabs.  If the item is still misbehaving, I suggest you remove the item from the Home view and, then, add the item back to the view: select the gear icon at the top of the Home view and select Customize View
  • Sherlock
    Sherlock Member ✭✭✭✭
    Thanks - no idea how to do that though?
    As described earlier: select the gear icon at the top of the Home view and select Customize View

Answers

• Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    Hello @anthonylorenzo,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community and telling us about your issue, though I apologize that you are experiencing this and for not having received a response yet.

To start with, I suggest that you try validating and/or super validating your data file. However, I do recommend that you first save a backup file prior to performing these steps.

Validate
    1. File
    2. Validate and Repair File...
    3. Validate File
    4. Click OK
    5. Close the Data Log
    6. Close Quicken (leave it closed for at least 5 secs)
    7. Reopen Quicken and see if the issue persists.

Super Validate:
    1. File
    2. Hold CTRL + Shift and click Validate and Repair File...
    3. Super Validate File
    4. Click OK
    5. Close the Data Log
    6. Close Quicken (leave it closed for at least 5 secs)
    7. Reopen Quicken and see if the issue persists.

I hope this helps!

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• Thank you and no this does not help and has not helped for a few years as this report continues to be a problem. From the message boards it seems like many are experiencing the same problem. The report does not work. The Net Worth amount in the My Accounts section calculates is properly. For some reason the report does not.
  • Tom Young
    Tom Young SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Where are you kicking off this report?  Is it by clicking Reports > Net Worth & Balances > Net Worth, or are you getting the report using one of the "dashboard" views?
    If it's the latter, that might be the problem.
  • Ps56k2
    Ps56k2 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    I just tried the ... Reports --> Net Worth & Balances --> Account Balances OR Net Worth -
    both reports match the Net Worth at the bottom of the Accounts .....

QWin - R54.16 - Win10

• Yes it is set as one of the Dashboard Views. Thank you.
  • Ps56k2
    Ps56k2 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    anthonylorenzo said: Yes it is set as one of the Dashboard Views.
    ok - just to verify ....
    how do the numbers look when creating the actual Net Worth Report as I listed above ?

QWin - R54.16 - Win10

• Yes the reports are all good. Just the Dashboard is not working. But the Dashboard is pretty key as it is the biggest on on the screen - would be nice for it to be accurate.
  • Sherlock
    Sherlock Member ✭✭✭✭
    Please provide the version of Quicken being used: select Help > About Quicken

We use R36.38 and don't see Net Worth on the Dashboard view.  I suspect you're referring to the Net Worth item on a Home view.  If so, I suggest you review the customizations set for the item: select the gear icon and select Customize this graph.  Note: Do not trust the all accounts, categories, tags, or securities choice at the top on the tabs.  If the item is still misbehaving, I suggest you remove the item from the Home view and, then, add the item back to the view: select the gear icon at the top of the Home view and select Customize View
  • Ps56k2
    Ps56k2 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    yeah - on my Dashboard - with all sliders selected - I only see - Portfolio Value -

QWin - R54.16 - Win10

• Jim_Harman
    Jim_Harman SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    It sounds like this is the Net Worth panel on the "traditional" Home page. This has a Net Worth summary report button, which shows a flawed Net Worth report.

Try removing and restoring the Net Worth ppane, that often fixes this issue.
    QWin Premier subscription
  • Thanks - no idea how to do that though?
  • Ps56k2
    Ps56k2 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    ok... just tried this .... clicked on a different tab to display a different Home Screen - My Money -
    Then Customized it, to Add the Net Worth item.... and moved it up to show on top.
    Shows graph of - Net Worth by Assets & Liabilities -
    Next click on the [Net Worth Summary Report] - slide all the way over to current/last column & scroll down -
    YUP - Overall Total amount again matches the Net Worth amount in the Accounts screen

QWin - R54.16 - Win10

• Sherlock
    Sherlock Member ✭✭✭✭
    Thanks - no idea how to do that though?
    As described earlier: select the gear icon at the top of the Home view and select Customize View

• Thank you - this worked!
This discussion has been closed.