How do I set up a Cash Flow report to include Transactions to an Other Liab or Other Asset Account?

Options
evilwargs
evilwargs Member ✭✭
edited February 2022 in Reports (Windows)
The Other Liab or Other Asset account might be a Security Deposit collected on a rental property or something similiar. I'd be interested to see a Cash Flow report by Category, if possible. The Cash Flow report is something I've used to account for Inflows and Outflows of my monthly cash. Thanks.

Best Answer

• Tom Young
    Tom Young SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options
    If you're really focusing on "cash" then first, only have any checking or "cash" accounts selected under the "Accounts" tab of the Customization screen.  Next, on the Advanced tab, on the "Transfers" line, click "Exclude internal."  Finally under the Categories, make sure only those other Accounts where you want to see flows "to" and "from" are selected.
    In the report itself you should see "From [Account name]" lines in the Inflows section and "To [Account name]" in the Outflows section.

Answers

• Tom Young
    Tom Young SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options
    If you're really focusing on "cash" then first, only have any checking or "cash" accounts selected under the "Accounts" tab of the Customization screen.  Next, on the Advanced tab, on the "Transfers" line, click "Exclude internal."  Finally under the Categories, make sure only those other Accounts where you want to see flows "to" and "from" are selected.
    In the report itself you should see "From [Account name]" lines in the Inflows section and "To [Account name]" in the Outflows section.
  • evilwargs
    evilwargs Member ✭✭
    Options
    Thanks, Tom. That helps!
This discussion has been closed.