Credit Union Change its name

Options
My credit Union changed its name and quicken keeps using the old name and has problems with the one step update. How do I fix this?

Comments

• Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    Options
    Hello @Jerome45,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community and telling us about your issue, though I apologize for the trouble.

We will need some additional information in order to better assist you.

Could you please provide both the old and new names of the credit union in question? Also, did their URL web address change as well, and if so, could you please provide that? And are you receiving any specific error code(s) and/or message(s) while trying to connect that you can provide us with here, please?

Check back and let us know! Thank you.

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• Jerome45
    Jerome45 Member
    Options
    Hello Anja, The South Florida Educational Federal Credit Union changed its name to EDFED24/7 an
  • Jerome45
    Jerome45 Member
    Options
    The change of URL was from SFEFCU.org to EDFED.0rg
  • Jerome45
    Jerome45 Member
    Options
    The South Florida Educational Federal Credit Union (www.SFEFCU.org) changed its name to EDFED (www.edfed.org). This seems to cause some difficulty with one-step update. I have made all the requested changes and now I have new accounts labeled EDFED savings and EDFED Checking. So my problem is with one-step updates and with not being able to merge the SFEFCU accounts and the EDFED accounts. I know there are workarounds by including all four accounts in any reports but just wondering if there is a more elegant way. But really the biggest problem is with the one-step updates. Thank you, Jerome
  • UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    The name change and URL change appears to have been applied to Quicken.
    I would suggest you deactivate all the old SFEFCU accounts, including any old, long closed and/or hidden accounts that might still be activated for downloading.
    It's up to you if you want to continue using the old account registers in Quicken or switch over to the new ones you already created. Either way, use the Tools / Add Account process to pretend to set up new accounts with EDFED. When you get to a screen showing the accounts found at EDFED, be sure to LINK the bank accounts to either the old or the new account registers.
    You can continue to use the old account registers and rename them after re-linking them. Or you can link to the new account registers and use them from now on. All you need to do is to record a transfer transaction to transfer the old account's balance to the new account and delete any duplicate (overlapping) transactions.
  • Jerome45
    Jerome45 Member
    Options
    Thanks that's very helpful because I did not know you could link the old accounts to the new account. However I have already set up the EDFED accounts. Can I still Link the register from the old SFEFCU named accounts or do I have to start over, that is create a new "pretend" account to link both the old account and the one I just created together. Its really a merge of the two registers so that I can at least go several years back.
This discussion has been closed.