Venmo account won't sync - or prompt me for verification code

Options
I added my Venmo account and it synched, however thereafter, when I try to sync, it asks me how I want to receive a verification code. I then select my phone number, but I never get a code, AND it never prompts me for a code. It just gives me the error code CC-502 " Quick is unable to update your account. Please try again".

Best Answers

• legochris
    legochris Member
    Answer ✓
    Options
    I just got off the phone with both Quicken and Venmo support... Venmo apparently has dropped support for Quicken, causing a number of different errors to come up when we try to sync the account, including AGGREGATOR_ERROR, CC-502, FDP-102, etc...

I'm hoping Venmo brings back support soon, as I have dropped services/institutions in the past for lack of Quicken support.
  • BK
    BK Member ✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options
    FYI all,
    After a week of error, my Venmo just got updated in Quicken today.  So apparently they have not dropped the support yet.
    - QWin Deluxe user since 2010, US subscription on Win11
    - I don't use Cloud Sync, Mobile & Web, Bill Pay/Mgr

Answers

• legochris
    legochris Member
    Answer ✓
    Options
    I just got off the phone with both Quicken and Venmo support... Venmo apparently has dropped support for Quicken, causing a number of different errors to come up when we try to sync the account, including AGGREGATOR_ERROR, CC-502, FDP-102, etc...

I'm hoping Venmo brings back support soon, as I have dropped services/institutions in the past for lack of Quicken support.
  • crae
    crae Member
    Options
    Thanks so much for your help! I appreciate it very much!
  • BK
    BK Member ✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options
    FYI all,
    After a week of error, my Venmo just got updated in Quicken today.  So apparently they have not dropped the support yet.

• RichnDC
    RichnDC Member ✭✭
    Options
    Having same problem. Asks for multi-factor authentication, then says "The Venmo website may be down with a code in the bottom left "FDP-102"
  • stankehl@outlook.com
    Options
    I'm still having this problem as well. Venmo says it is Quicken's problem. No code is sent, but an email is sent that says an unrecognized device tried to login to Venmo.
  • BK
    BK Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I had 5 discussions with Venmo support:
    1- The person knows Quicken and certain that they have never allowed Quicken access or download
    2- same as above
    3- The person is a Quicken user herself, and she successfully downloaded without errors as recent as Feb 7 and no knowledge/rumor of Venmo dropping support for Quicken
    4- The person had never heard of Quicken.  Quicken is not on their list of supported products
    5- The person had never heard of Quicken.  Researched and as a result showing that Quicken can download Venmo transactions
    Although my last Venmo download was January 21, a friend of mine was able to connect and download a few days ago.
    In conclusion:
    * Venmo support does not know what they are talking about.
    * My suspicion is that this is a technical glitch (Venmo or Quicken) and not some intentional decision.
    * It would be best if Quicken team can conduct their own investigation and contact their counterparts at Venmo and inform us users accordingly.

This discussion has been closed.