Quicken Alert: You've set up an account with this phone number. Please use this linkto verify

Wildbill06
Wildbill06 Unconfirmed ✭✭

Hi, was using Quicken Home & Business, Canadian user, on the web today. When I signed out, I received a text message on my cell phone stating the following.

Quicken Alert: You’ve set up an account with this phone number. Please use this link to verify: THEN there was a link to click on. I deleted the text.

My question is, is this a legit ALERT from Quicken?

I did not change any phone number when online nor did I set up any accounts.

Being the skeptical person, I am of SPAM; I just deleted the text.

If this is in fact a legit text from Quicken, why was it NOT communicated to their users, that they would start using texts to communicate?

In this day and age of identity theft, people getting all kinds of spam email, trying to get users to give up personal information, I find it really ODD, that a company like Quicken would send UNSOLICETED texts to their users.

The only texts, that I’ve ever answered are those conversations, that I’ve started….

Did I miss something on Quicken NOW sending unsolicited alerts?

Wildbill

Comments

• Quicken Paloma
    Quicken Paloma Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2022
    Hello @Wildbill06

Thank you for reaching out to the Quicken Community, although we apologize for the confusion. This text message is ligament. While it may seem sketchy, I can assure you it is real and we did post an alert (link below) regarding it back in November when users started getting these emails/text messages. 
    No changes are/were made to your account, it is simply to verify the email we had on file. Again we apologize for the confusion. 

[Removed - Archived Link]

-Quicken Paloma
  • Wildbill06
    Wildbill06 Unconfirmed ✭✭
    Okay, thank you. The link attached, doesn't allow me to access?
    Wildbill
  • Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    edited January 2022
    Hello @Wildbill06,
    The link attached, doesn't allow me to access?
    I apologize for the confusion as the link Quicken Paloma referenced has since been archived which is why you are unable to access it. However, as Paloma stated; the text message you received requesting verification is valid.

Although the Community Alert was archived, you can still find more information about this through this support article instead.

I hope this helps!

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

This discussion has been closed.