Email Invoices & Receipts - "unable to send email with attachment"

David
David Member ✭✭
I can email new (unpaid) invoices without problems, but when I try to email a paid invoice - as a receipt - I get an error "unable to send email with attachment" ??

Comments

• David
    David Member ✭✭
    edited January 13
    Since I posted this comment I now get the an error message on sending new emails as well ! !
  • Quicken Paloma
    Quicken Paloma Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Hello @David

Thank you for reaching out to the Quicken Community. We apologize you are having this issue. To better assist you more information is needed. For instance, are you using a VPN? How long has this been occurring? Also, are any of the recipients' emails from yahoo? 

Please elaborate so that we may move forward with diagnosing the issue at hand. 

-Quicken Paloma
  • David
    David Member ✭✭
    Problem first noticed 12th January. No VPN. Yahoo not involved. Most emails are to gmail or hotmail
  • Quicken Paloma
    edited January 14
    Hello @David

Thank you for the additional information. I attempted to recreate the issue but was unable to. Could you please validate the file? Before starting the process, please be sure to save a backup of your current file. 

To do this select File >Validate and Repair File >Validate file >OK. A visual example is below. 

When you have a moment please run a validation, then attempt emailing an invoice again and let us know!

-Quicken Paloma
  • David
    David Member ✭✭
    edited January 14
    I did validate twice and the log file reported no errors. I did email around 50 invoices last week without problems! Several earlier versions of this data file had the same error - so it seems not to be data corruption
  • Quicken Paloma
    Hello @David

Thank you for your response. Could you please attempt to un/reinstall? For instructions on uninstalling Quicken please click here

When you have a moment please follow the steps from the Help article and let us know how it goes!

-Quicken Paloma
  • David
    David Member ✭✭
    edited January 15
    Sorry, forgot to mention that - I did uninstall/reinstall after Quicken validation was not helpful. I also loaded and checked datafiles from 3 years back for the same symptoms
This discussion has been closed.