Quicken's "Online Balance" is incorrect, how do I fix this?

My Online Balance in the Quicken register is $1354, my account actually has balance of $3430.

Best Answer

• Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    You can't "fix" the Online Balance that amount is downloaded from the financial institution.  You need to reconcile to the "statement", where you can enter the proper ending date and amount.  Ctrl+R to start the reconcile.  Note you should also report the problem with the Online balance to Quicken Support using Help -> Report a Problem

Note that if you have told Quicken to reconcile to the online balance and not to prompt you again for the statement date and amount, to get the dialog back when selecting Ctrl+R go to the Account Details -> Online Services tab and deselect "Reconcile using online balance".
    Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/

Answers

• Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    You can't "fix" the Online Balance that amount is downloaded from the financial institution.  You need to reconcile to the "statement", where you can enter the proper ending date and amount.  Ctrl+R to start the reconcile.  Note you should also report the problem with the Online balance to Quicken Support using Help -> Report a Problem

Note that if you have told Quicken to reconcile to the online balance and not to prompt you again for the statement date and amount, to get the dialog back when selecting Ctrl+R go to the Account Details -> Online Services tab and deselect "Reconcile using online balance".
    Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
  • I reconciled account to the last statement but doing that did not change the online balance in the register. Thank you for your response.
  • NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    The Online Balance that's shown in the register is NOT calculated by Q ... it's downloaded from your bank, which is why you can't change it.
    BUT NOTE, that if you're using Express Web Connect with this bank, there may be a delay (as much as several days) between when the bank posts the Online Balance and when Q gets it ... thus resulting in the disparity that you've observed.

Q user since February, 1990. DOS Version 4
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription, Business & Personal
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP

• Thanks for your response. I just finally had to reconcile with paper statement.
This discussion has been closed.