Interactivebroker account balances updated zero balance

Clint0374
Clint0374 Member
I have linked my interactivebroker accounts using the token and query id provided by interactivebrokers and quicken connects to interactivebrokers, however when the accounts update they do not bring in the account balances. I just get a zero balance and it says that there are no securities or cash in the accounts.

Comments

• Quicken Jared
    Quicken Jared Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Clint0374 said:
    I have linked my interactivebroker accounts using the token and query id provided by interactivebrokers and quicken connects to interactivebrokers, however when the accounts update they do not bring in the account balances. I just get a zero balance and it says that there are no securities or cash in the accounts.
    Hello @Clint0374,

I am sorry that you are experiencing these issues with your interactivebroker account, and I thank you for taking the time to reach out to the Quicken Community about this.

Have you tried disconnecting and reconnecting the accounts? First, save a backup by going to File > Save a Backup in the menu at the top of the screen while quicken is open. Next, select each of your interactivebrokers accounts, and go to Accounts > Settings > Downloads - also in the menu at the top of the screen - then select Disconnect Account. You would do this for each of the interactivebroker accounts. Finally, you would relink the accounts by going to Account > Settings > Downloads again and selecting Connect Account then go through the steps of entering the necessary credentials.

Let me know about any further developments related to this, if you should have the chance to check back in with me.

Thanks,

Quicken Jared 
  • Clint0374
    Clint0374 Member
    Thanks Jared for the reply, however that netted the same result. I've also tried adding a new account in quicken, but it comes back and says the connection was successful and 0 new transactions downloaded.
  • Quicken Jared
    Clint0374 said:
    Thanks Jared for the reply, however that netted the same result. I've also tried adding a new account in quicken, but it comes back and says the connection was successful and 0 new transactions downloaded.
    Hello @Clint0374,

Thank you for continuing to correspond with me about this matter. I have a few additional questions for you. What connection type are you using? You can check this by selecting the account(s) and then going to Accounts > Settings > Downloads in the upper menu at the top of the screen. Also, what instance are you selecting in the bank list when you try to connect? Lastly, are you able to log in to your online banking profile with interactivebroker using your regular credentials? I know that I am asking for a fair amount of information, but all of these details are relevant, I assure you.

I look forward to continuing to work with you on this.

Thanks,

Quicken Jared 
  • Clint0374
    Clint0374 Member
    I'm using a direct connection. I use interactivebrokers because if I try and use interactivebrokers LLC it asks for my username and pin which does not allow me to log in I have also tried using the token for the username and query for the pin with no luck in getting in that way either. I have no problems logging into interactives portal using my username and pin so I know they are recognized.
  • Quicken Jared
    Clint0374 said:
    I'm using a direct connection. I use interactivebrokers because if I try and use interactivebrokers LLC it asks for my username and pin which does not allow me to log in I have also tried using the token for the username and query for the pin with no luck in getting in that way either. I have no problems logging into interactives portal using my username and pin so I know they are recognized.
    @Clint0374,

I see. You mentioned that Interactive Brokers providing a token and query ID, but have you spoken with them about a username and PIN? I am wondering if the 'Interactive Brokers LLC' instance is, in fact, the proper one for this kind of connection. 

I hope to continue to work with you on this.

Thanks,

Quicken Jared 
  • Clint0374
    Clint0374 Member
    I have not spoken with them, but you could be correct because I log into the 'Interactive Brokers LLC' website with my username and pin.
This discussion has been closed.