Export Report to Excel or Text file

Options
Steven Beckett
Steven Beckett Member ✭✭
edited January 2022 in Reports (Windows)
I have long been able to export reports to Excel without any issues. Recently, when I open the export window for either format, there is no dialogue available to name a new file. I can export to an existing file or copy and paste. I am using Quicken for Windows R37.67, build 27.1.37.67. Has anyone found a similar issue?

Best Answer

• Steven Beckett
    Steven Beckett Member ✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options
    I have just run File Validation and now the dialogue box appears to be operating properly and I get an option to name a new file.
    Thanks.

Answers

• Quicken Paloma
    Quicken Paloma Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Hello @Steven Beckett

Thank you for reaching out to the Quicken Community. We apologize you are having this difficulty. I actually attempted to recreate the issue using one of my saved reports but was unable to. Could you please validate the file? Before starting the process, please be sure to save a backup of your current file. 

To do this select File >Validate and Repair File >Validate file >OK. A visual example is below. 

When you have a moment please run a validation, then attempt exporting a report again and let us know!

-Quicken Paloma
  • Steven Beckett
    Options
    Thanks for the response. I will try that tomorrow. Meanwhile here is a screenshot of the dialogue box when I attempt to export a report to Excel
  • Steven Beckett
    Steven Beckett Member ✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options
    I have just run File Validation and now the dialogue box appears to be operating properly and I get an option to name a new file.
    Thanks.
  • Quicken Paloma
    Quicken Paloma Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Hello @Steven Beckett, 

Thank you for your response. We are glad that your issue is now solved. If you come across any other errors or have additional questions please let us know!

-Quicken Paloma
This discussion has been closed.