Is it possible to get a report that identifies transactions that do not have attachments?

davenderri
davenderri Member
edited February 2022 in Reports (Windows)
I am back fitting receipts into Quicken for 2021 and it would be helpful to be able to pull up a report of any transactions that don't yet have an attachment.
Tagged:

Answers

• Ps56k2
    Ps56k2 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'd like to be able to know which Accounts have ANY attachments  :)

QWin - R54.16 - Win10

• Sherlock
    Sherlock Member ✭✭✭✭
    I suggest you sort the register by the attachment column in one-line display mode.
  • mshiggins
    mshiggins SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ps56k2 said:
    As @Sherlock mentioned, sort in 1-line display mode, but do so in the All Transactions register. All Transactions register is accessible from a link at the top of the Accounts Bar. 

Quicken user since Q1999. Currently using QW2017.
    Questions? Check out the Quicken Windows FAQ list

• UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Please don't go overboard with storing transaction or account attachments inside your Quicken data file.
    • Your data file will begin to suffer from bloat, getting bigger with each new attachment, and Backup will take longer and longer
    • The FAT file system emulated within the Quicken data file's ZIP file structure has a limited capacity for storing attachments. When exceeding the number of attachment files that can be stored, crashes and other weird events will happen, leading to a potentially unrecoverable loss of the data file. Another customer reported to have reached this ceiling with about 2500 attachments.
    • There's no process available to repair a broken ZIP file structure.
    • There's no process available to mass-extract attachments from the Quicken data file and store them elsewhere in a usable manner.
    If you must store large numbers of documents and receipts paperless, I recommend you look for an industrial - strength document archival process.
  • Ps56k2
    Ps56k2 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    mshiggins said:
    Ps56k2 said:
    As @Sherlock mentioned, sort in 1-line display mode, but do so in the All Transactions register. All Transactions register is accessible from a link at the top of the Accounts Bar. 

tnx - tried the usual views & sorting - even added all the Separate Accounts.... nada
    I can see "something" using 7-ZIP... there are 2 JPEGs and 1 PDF, but the JPEG and PDF files that are "attached" will not open, and don't look normal when just looking at the raw contents...
    So, will just have to live with this 1MB ghost attachment of 3 files that I probably played with years ago -

QWin - R54.16 - Win10

• Sherlock
    Sherlock Member ✭✭✭✭
    Ps56k2 said:
    mshiggins said:
    Ps56k2 said:

tnx - tried the usual views & sorting - even added all the Separate Accounts.... nada
    I can see "something" using 7-ZIP... there are 2 JPEGs and 1 PDF, but the JPEG and PDF files that are "attached" will not open, and don't look normal when just looking at the raw contents...
    So, will just have to live with this 1MB ghost attachment of 3 files that I probably played with years ago -

Have you tried excluding the attachments in a copy?
  • Ps56k2
    Ps56k2 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2022
    Sherlock said: Have you tried excluding the attachments in a copy?
    yeah - thanks - did that, and the phantom attachments were gone as per 7-ZIP -
    but then had to reconnect all the online stuff - had some issues with Cap One, etc -
    so, just left it as a copy, and reverted back to the original....

QWin - R54.16 - Win10

This discussion has been closed.