Can anyone help me figure out why my transactions are not downloading?

I talked to customer support last week for about 2 hours and he couldn't help me fix the problem. He gave me a case # and said the Escalation Team would address it. I was out of town on business for three days and I have not heard back from customer support. They are closed today (arggg!) and everything I have tried does not help (deactivating accounts and adding them again, etc.).

Answers

• Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    You have given zero information that would allow people here to help you.  You need to give the details about what is failing, error codes, financial institution, ...

But personally, I would think that if you have contacted Quicken Support and they have already escalated the problem, that indicates a problem down that no one here is going to be able fix for you.  It would probably be best just to contact Quicken support when they are open again.
    Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
  • Frankx
    Frankx SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi @Russell BVD

Can you provide some additional information that might help us to help you?

Are you getting any error codes when you try to download?  If not, please tell us exactly what you are seeing when you try to download?  Are all of your accounts affected?  If not all, is it limited to any particular financial institution(s) (which ones?), or download method (i.e. Direct Connect, Express Web Connect, Web Connect)?  Have you tried setting up a new Quicken datafile and then tried downloading there, if so what happened? Which version and release of Quicken and Windows are you running?

Any additional information will help us to potentially help you.

Thankx.

Frankx

Quicken Home, Business & Rental Property - Windows 10-Home Version

- - - - Quicken User since 1984 - - - 
      -  If you find this reply helpful, please click "Helpful" (below), so others will know! Thank you.  -

• rusjac
    rusjac Member
    I am not getting any error codes, etc I just cannot get balances or my bank transactions from last year, except for the last 30 - 90 days. Any suggestions
  • Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    I am not getting any error codes, etc I just cannot get balances or my bank transactions from last year, except for the last 30 - 90 days. Any suggestions
    And Quicken support wanted to escalate this?
    That is very strange.

It is normal not to get transactions older than about 90 days, how far back to automatically download is up to the financial institution, and 90 days is a very typical number.

To get older transactions you should look at this FAQ:
    https://community.quicken.com/discussion/7160091/faq-download-old-transactions
    Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
  • NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭

That's NOT an error condition.  Downloads originated from within Q almost never go back more than 30-90 days ... and that's a range that's set by your BANK/Card/etc ... not Quicken.
    Sign into the pertinent website and see if you can initiate a download for the missing period from there.

Q user since February, 1990. DOS Version 4
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription, Business & Personal
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP

This discussion has been closed.