Old & closed 401k account keeps trying to link to existing account

Options
SRV64
SRV64 Member ✭✭
Ever since the two most recent Quicken updates, every time I download and update my accounts, an old Prudential 401k account that has been unused and closed for a couple of years always opens a window asking to add or link to an existing account. I always select the Ignore option under the Action dropdown window, but it doesn't ignore it and always asks to add or link it the next time I sync my accounts. This account has been hidden and inactive for 2 years but Quicken wants to bring it back to life. I've tried several options, but it persists. Any recommendations?

Comments

• Quicken Jared
    Quicken Jared Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Hello @SRV64,

I am sorry to hear that you are experiencing this frustrating problem with this account constantly trying to link itself. Thank you for reaching out to us on the Quicken Community to discuss this issue further. 

Be sure to save backups often, as they can be important in situations like these. You can do this by going to File > Save a Backup in the menu at the top of the screen whenever you have Quicken open and running. I always advise doing this before taking any additional troubleshooting steps.

I was wondering if this account is troubling you even after it has been deleted in Quicken. It is not necessary to delete the account to resolve the issue, but I was unclear as to whether or not this had already happened.

I look forward to your response and hope to work on this with you more in the future. 

Thanks,

Quicken Jared 
  • SRV64
    SRV64 Member ✭✭
    Options
    I do automatic backups and save the last 10 copies after each use. I haven't deleted the account, it's just closed and hidden because it is no longer active. As a test, I just deleted the account and then restored the account file from a backup and the problem seems to have been resolved. I normally don't delete old and closed accounts because I don't want to mess up current accounts that have transfers between them.
  • Quicken Jared
    Quicken Jared Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    SRV64 said:
    I do automatic backups and save the last 10 copies after each use. I haven't deleted the account, it's just closed and hidden because it is no longer active. As a test, I just deleted the account and then restored the account file from a backup and the problem seems to have been resolved. I normally don't delete old and closed accounts because I don't want to mess up current accounts that have transfers between them.
    @SRV64,

I see, and I understand your reasoning. I am glad that the problem does not appear to be affecting you any longer, and I very much appreciate that you took the time to follow up with me and provide me with updates about this issue.

Please feel free to let us know if you have any further questions or concerns here at the Quicken Community.

Thanks,

Quicken Jared 
This discussion has been closed.