Can you use Quicken on a laptop and Quicken on-line with two separate accounts

Options
gwaugh
gwaugh Member
edited February 2022 in Using Quicken on the Web
I have Quicken on my laptop for personal use. I want to put my business account online using Quicken. Can I access both accounts with my personal copy of Quicken on my laptop? Is there a way to keep them separate?

Best Answer

• Boatnmaniac
    Boatnmaniac SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options
    I suggest you consider keeping your current data file for your personal use.  Then create a new Quicken file (File > New Quicken File...be sure to select "New Quicken File" and not "Copy or Backup File") for your business use and assign a new file name to it.
    If you do it this way the personal use data and business use data will be kept totally separate from each other.  To switch between personal use data and business use data you will need to close one file and open the other.
    You can set up Quicken on the Web in each file.  The data will be kept separate because the source files are different from each other.

(Quicken Classic Premier Subscription: R55.15 on Windows 11)

Answers

• Boatnmaniac
    Boatnmaniac SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options
    I suggest you consider keeping your current data file for your personal use.  Then create a new Quicken file (File > New Quicken File...be sure to select "New Quicken File" and not "Copy or Backup File") for your business use and assign a new file name to it.
    If you do it this way the personal use data and business use data will be kept totally separate from each other.  To switch between personal use data and business use data you will need to close one file and open the other.
    You can set up Quicken on the Web in each file.  The data will be kept separate because the source files are different from each other.

(Quicken Classic Premier Subscription: R55.15 on Windows 11)

• gwaugh
    gwaugh Member
    Options
    Great! Thank you. I will give it a try.
  • Ps56k2
    Ps56k2 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Just to add/clarify - it all starts from the Quicken software on your laptop...
    As mentioned above - you merely need to create another Quicken QDF data file to contain your business data.
    It's just like having MS Word and multiple DOC files - Quicken can have multiple QDF files.
    You then would open the data file with the Quicken software, select which accounts you want to Sync to the Quicken Cloud so you can access them via Quicken on the Web or the Quicken Mobile App.  If you have multiple Quicken data files Syncd to the Quicken Cloud, you will be prompted for which one you want to open with your browser or mobile App.

QWin - R54.16 - Win10

This discussion has been closed.