New Transactions in Mobile app Creating Quickfill Rules on Mac DeskTop

System
System Member admin
This discussion was created from comments split from: Mobile App creating Memorized Payee.

Comments

• Austin@
    Austin@ Mac Beta Beta
    I'm seeing the same behavior when using Quicken Mac with the mobile app. We don't call them "memorized payees" in Quicken Mac, but whenever I create a transaction using the mobile app, it creates a Quickfill Rule with the payee, category, any tags applied, and the amount. I would love for it not to do this, and I don't remember it behaving this way in the past.
  • Quicken Jared
    Quicken Jared Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Austin@ said:
    I'm seeing the same behavior when using Quicken Mac with the mobile app. We don't call them "memorized payees" in Quicken Mac, but whenever I create a transaction using the mobile app, it creates a Quickfill Rule with the payee, category, any tags applied, and the amount. I would love for it not to do this, and I don't remember it behaving this way in the past.
    Hello @Austin@,

I am sorry that you are experiencing this trouble with the mobile app and the Payee Rules feature. Thank you for seeking out the Quicken Community for further information. Does this behavior persist even with Web & Mobile sync disabled? Just to be clear, this would be achieved by going to Quicken > Preferences > Mobile, Web & Alerts in the menu at the top of the screen while Quicken is open and then toggling the 'switch' underneath Sync to the OFF position by clicking on it. 

I look forward to your response, and hope to work on this with you further.

Thanks,

Quicken Jared 
  • Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    Just to be clear, this is a bug in Quicken Mobile, not in Quicken Mac or Quicken Windows.

Quicken Mobile add the feature that it will automatically create memorized payees whenever you add a transaction.  But they didn't add any option that allows turning off this feature.

It isn't surprising that once the memorized payee is created, that it gets synced back to the Desktop data file.

Note I know that they aren't called memorized payees in Quicken Mac, but they are called that in Quicken Mobile (and Quicken Windows).

If one goes to the Settings in Quicken Mobile -> Rules, you will see Renaming Rules and Memorized Payees.

To show what is going on add a transaction with a new payee in Quicken Mobile, and then go to the memorized payee list in Quicken Mobile, and you will find that the new payee has been added.

If you search the settings, you will find that there isn't any way to turn off this behavior.
    People don't want to create memorized payees/Quickfill Rule for every new transaction.

Note at this time Quicken Web doesn't have memorized payees or renaming rules "visible" to the user or the feature of creating them when adding new transactions.  This is inconsistent and should also be fixed.
    Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
  • Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    I have added an idea that there should be an option to turn this behavior off in Quicken Mobile.
    You can vote on this here:
    There should be an option not to add a new transaction to the memorized payees. — Quicken

Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
This discussion has been closed.