Schwab - Error - can't deactivate - has downloaded transactions

Duane K.
Duane K. Member ✭✭
edited February 2022 in Investing (Windows)
Finally getting to this and just wanted to confirm that I need to deactivate ALL Schwab accounts and then re-establish them. When I go to deactivate it tells me - "Can't deactivate account_abc because there are downloaded transactions that must first be accepted into the account register or transaction list." So if deactivate/reactivate is the key, how do I get over this issue? I am on version R37.67. Also, I have ~15 Schwab accounts, so if there is a simpler way to do this, please let me know.

Thanks in advance,

Duane

Comments

• Duane K.
    Duane K. Member ✭✭
    Anyone have a POV here?
  • Ps56k2
    Ps56k2 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2022
    Duane K. said: Finally getting to this...
    So - are there transactions showing in the Account - at the bottom - for Downloaded Transactions (xx)
    And just curious - how do you have 15 Schwab Accounts ?
    [EDIT] - also updated topic title to better reflect the actual Q&A

QWin - R54.16 - Win10

• SmokeyToo
    SmokeyToo Member ✭✭
    > @Duane K. said:
    > Finally getting to this and just wanted to confirm that I need to deactivate ALL Schwab accounts and then re-establish them. When I go to deactivate it tells me - "Can't deactivate account_abc because there are downloaded transactions that must first be accepted into the account register or transaction list." So if deactivate/reactivate is the key, how do I get over this issue? I am on version R37.67. Also, I have ~15 Schwab accounts, so if there is a simpler way to do this, please let me know.
    >
    > Thanks in advance,
    >
    > Duane
    Not sure what POV is.... However to try and get to the deactivate and reactivate, accept the downloaded transactions - or delete them - and then try.
  • Tom Young
    Tom Young SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    I assume the unstated problem here is that despite the message about accepting download transactions before deactivating, you're not seeing any transactions in the "Downloaded Transactions" window below the transaction list (register)? 
    Can you see these transactions when you go over to the Online Center?
This discussion has been closed.