Schwab Accounts still not updating

continue to get message problem on Quicken server...

Answers

• Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    Hello @tomjohnson,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community and telling us about your issue, though I apologize that you are experiencing this.

In order to better assist you further, could you please provide a screenshot of the error you described above? If needed, please review this Community FAQ for instructions on how to attach a screenshot. Alternatively, you can also drag and drop screenshots to your response if you are not given the option to add attachments.

Thank you!

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• Please see attached screenshot...
  • By the way - Quicken just charged me an annual $50 fee - how do I get that refunded and terminate Quicken?
  • Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    By the way - Quicken just charged me an annual $50 fee - how do I get that refunded and terminate Quicken?
    For refunds and subscription cancellation inquiries, you will need to call Quicken Support directly for further assistance. Our support agents will have the necessary tools available in order to fulfill your request that this channel, unfortunately, does not.

Thank you!

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• Quicken Jade
    Quicken Jade Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Hello @tomjohnson, I apologize that you're experiencing this issue and for any inconvenience, it may have caused. To resolve the CC-501 you would need to follow these steps;

First, ensure all the Schwab accounts are deactivated:

1. Select Tools > Account List.
    2. If present, select the Show Hidden Accounts checkbox at the bottom of the Account List.
    3. Select the account(s) for which you want to deactivate online services, and then click Edit. You will want to deactivate the accounts with the financial institution showing as:
      • Charles Schwab & Co., Inc. (or zz Charles Schwab & Co., Inc.)
      • Charles Schwab Bank, N.A. (or zz Charles Schwab Bank, N.A.)
    4. In the Account Details window, click the Online Services tab.
    5. Click Deactivate next to the service you want to disable.
    6. Click Yes to the message asking if you want to disable this service. 
      • Note: When deactivating a Direct Connect account, you may see an additional prompt advising you to contact your bank to cancel the Direct Connect service. You do not need to contact Schwab in connection with this change.
    7. Click OK to the confirmation message.

Second, reset your cloud data:

1. Go to Edit > Preferences > Mobile & Web.
    2. Click Reset your cloud data.

Lastly, attempt to set up your accounts with Schwab again:

1. Go to Tools > Add Account.
    2. Select Charles Schwab & Co, Inc. as the name of the financial institution, and click Next.
    3. A browser window will open and prompt you to log in to Charles Schwab with your Charles Schwab credentials.
    4. A list of the Charles Schwab accounts available for download in Quicken will appear. Select all of these accounts and LINK them to your existing accounts in Quicken.
    However, to cancel your Quicken subscription and get a refund you would need to contact our support as Quicken Anja mentioned, however, you would not be able to download transactions in Quicken without a subscription. Please let me know if you have any further questions!
    - Quicken Jade
  • tomjohnson
    tomjohnson Member
    edited January 2022
    I'll do this but am betting it won't work! [Removed - Rant]
  • gooddog50
    gooddog50 Member ✭✭✭✭
    FWIW, I get the same error message on my Windows 10 tablet, but not my Windows 10 desktop. That's using the file copied from the desktop to the tablet. All settings exactly the same. And after validation, super validation, signing in as different user, etc...
    Uploaded error to Quicken via "Report a Problem"
    Quicken since Andrew Tobias "Managing Your Money" V-12 (DOS)
    Windows 10 Pro 64 Bit, Core i7 
    Quicken Premier Subscription
  • Regarding #5 above - under online services tab - When you say "deactivate" do you mean "delete account"? I don't see anything saying "deactivate" - see screen shot below.
  • Also, under > Preferences > Mobile & Web my sync is off (see screenshot) assuming this should be "on"?
  • :So I do this and get the following message...
This discussion has been closed.