Percentage Splits on a memorized payee

Denny D
Denny D Member
I created several payees with percentage splits based on $100. There are 3 split percentages. When I enter any amount not equal 100, the remainder ends up as a 4th split. The memorized payees are locked but the transaction changes the locked record. The memorized payee changes with every entry.

Comments

• Denny D
    Denny D Member
    I have 7 payees with percent split and have unlocked them after testing because the lock was making a 4 split. All my tax reports were wrong! The follow up to my own post is to leave the payees UNLOCKED when the entered amount changes all the time. I am using this % split to calculate sales taxes owed on income for my organization.
  • Denny D
    Denny D Member
    Update to percent splits. When you have a percent split and you use the Quicken Cloud, the cloud payee does not support percentages and the update back to your memorized payees on the desktop are converted to a NORMAL split and re-add the unbalanced category split. They are also LOCKED. I had to remove this account from the cloud! I then had to re-memorize the payee on the desktop to get the percentages back.
  • This helped a lot. A couple of years worth of transactions , have turned to ATM Withdrawals because of this very reason. I need help with large amounts of existing records, How do I Apply Splits with percentage Sales Tax, for large amounts of EXISTING transactions with the exact same Payee? Heading to turn off the cloud on a few key Bank Accounts.
This discussion has been closed.