Stock Price not updating for TSX:DBM (Doman Building Materials Group Ltd)

Vincent Lo
Vincent Lo Member
edited February 2022 in Investing (Windows)
This company changed its name from Canwel Building Materials Group Ltd to the current one on 2021-05-27.
- The One Step Update does not update current stock price for DBM? I have to enter it manually?!
- Shares Held in the Detail Security View for DBM is incorrect?!

Best Answer

• Jim_Harman
    Jim_Harman SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    You can just change the ticker for Doman to CWX.
    QWin Premier subscription

Answers

• Shares Held in the Detail Security View for DBM is correctly displayed. Please discard that part of my questions.

However, current price/quote for DBM is still NOT updated by using the One Step Update. Please help.
  • Jim_Harman
    Are you running Quicken US or Canada? If US, TSX stocks are generally not supported for quotes but would come from your broker.
  • Jim_Harman, thanks for your reply. I am running Quicken Canada Deluxe version. All the other stocks (US as well as Canada, NFLX, AAPL, PPL, TRP etc... to name just a few) I have in my portfolio are updated without any problems.
  • Jim_Harman
    Ok, go to Tools > Security list and find DBM. Make sure the ticker is correct and the Download Quotes box is checked.
  • I already did that with all my stocks including DBM when I set it up. By the way, I also check everything is correctly set up when I click on the company name under Investing>Portfolio>Security Detail View then click Edit Details - Name, Symbol, Type, Currency, Exchange are all correct.
  • Jim_Harman
    To check what ticker Quicken wants for DBM, you could go to the Security list, click on Add security and start setting up a new security for DBM. Note the ticker and quit before adding the new security. If the ticker is different, edit your existing security and enter the correct ticker.
  • Thanks for all the suggestions. I tried that too. I went to Tools>Security List, then click Add Security. Typing Doman Building, Quicken came up with a list of 9 stocks all of which are "Doman Building Materials Group Ltd" under different exchanges. I picked the TSE:DBM one for my stock in my portfolio. I had also tried the other 8 that did not work either.
    The problem, I believe, is that "Doman Building Materials Group Ltd" used to be called "Canwel Building Materials Group Ltd" under symbol CWX. The company changed its name and symbol on 2021-05-27. Somehow Quicken did not catch this change when I click updating stock prices?
    By the way, typing Canwel in "Tools>Security List>Add Security" will also bring up Doman Building Materials Group Ltd by Quicken. Obviously, Quicken knows about the name change, but updating stock price just does not work, why?
  • I kind of verified my suspicion on Quicken. In Investing>Portfolio, by scrolling down, I still have the "Canwel Building Materials Group Ltd" company name with the symbol CWX whose stock price has continuously been updated with current stock price every time I clicked the One-Step-Update.
    Now, does it mean I have to continue to use "Canwel Building Materials Group Ltd" (CWX) instead of "Doman Building Materials Group Ltd" (DBM)? Or should I delete the CWX so that Quicken is not confused??
  • Hi Jim, now, I cannot delete either of them because there were/are transactions with both of them before 2021-05-27 (CWX) and after 2021-05-27 (DBM).
    So, the question becomes HOW can I redirect CWX to point to DBM so that Quicken knows how to update stock prices for DBM instead of CWX?
  • Jim_Harman
    Answer ✓
    You can just change the ticker for Doman to CWX.
  • Ok, thanks Jim!
This discussion has been closed.