Capitol One reauthorization/deactivation issue

ValerieK
ValerieK Member ✭✭
Like many others have reported, my Cap One checking account continues to need reauthorization. I've been caught in the loop, also got the Error cc-501. Finally, I deactivated the account, and when I tried to set it up again, Quicken created a new account and downloaded 90 days of transactions. Now what? Can I somehow merge this new account with my actual account (that has many years of transactions)? As it is, this new account is duplicating the transactions in the actual account. Any help is most appreciated!

Answers

• Frankx
    Frankx SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi @ValerieK,

I'd say that you have two options now. 

The first would be to continue with the new account and copy all your old transactions from the old account to the new one (using the "Move Transactions" function).  Once you do that you can then delete the old account in your Quicken file.

The other option would be to deactivate the new account and then attempt to reconnect the old account again.

Let me know if you have any followups or questions.

Frankx

Quicken Home, Business & Rental Property - Windows 10-Home Version

- - - - Quicken User since 1984 - - - 
      -  If you find this reply helpful, please click "Helpful" (below), so others will know! Thank you.  -

• Quicken Jade
    Quicken Jade Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Hello @ValerieK, I'm sorry to hear that you're experiencing this issue. I'd recommend that you delete the duplicate account then relink your original account with historical transactions. Please follow these steps;

To delete an account

1. Before you begin, create a backup of your file.
    2. After backing up, click on Tools on the top menu bar, then choose Account List (or hold down Ctrl+A on your keyboard).
    3. Select the account you want to delete and click Edit.
    4. In the Account Details window, click Delete Account.
    5. To delete the account, you must type YES in the Delete Account window, and then click OK

To Reactivate Account(s)

1. Open the Account List (Ctrl + A).
    2. Click the Edit button on the account you want to reactivate.
    3. Go to the Online Services tab and click the Set up Now button.
    4. Type in the financial institution name and walk through the wizard.
    5. Choose LINK on the screen displayed after Quicken finds the available accounts at the financial institution for your login credentials and carefully link to your existing Quicken account(s)
    Please let me know if this works! 
    - Quicken Jade
  • ValerieK
    ValerieK Member ✭✭
    Jade, yes that did the trick, though my balance was way off. Fortunately, that was an easy fix. The opening balance, which should have been 0, was not. Once I reset that to 0, all was well. I even did another download and it worked perfectly. Thank you for your help!
  • ValerieK
    ValerieK Member ✭✭
    Thank you Frank. Luckily I didn't have to do that as Jade's fix worked. Thanks for replying!
This discussion has been closed.