Date of downloaded transactions

ha_amin
ha_amin Member
Starting 1/1/22 my downloads from my bank are dated one day after their real posting. This was not the case thru December 2021. The same has been the case with Amex downloads for as long as I can remember (not Citi, not brokerage accounts!!). Does anyone know why, or how to fix it? I'd like my Quicken download dates to match those on my statement from the financial institution!

Answers

• Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    Sounds like an Express Web Connect "thing".  If that is the case, there is basically zero chance that it will be changed.
    Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
  • ha_amin
    ha_amin Member
    Why now. I didn't make any changes. Amex is not on Express Web Connect? I don't get it. Something must have happened behind the scenes sometime this past month!
  • Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    For Direct Connect that information comes directly from the financial institution.  On the other hand, maybe you are looking at something different.  What to do see for the Downloaded Posting date?
    You can turn it on by selecting this icon:

As for Express Web Connect, since the flow is:
    Quicken -> Quicken server -> Intuit server -> Financial institution's website

They certainly could change things "downstream" without anything changing in Quicken itself.
    Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
  • ha_amin
    ha_amin Member
    Thanks Chris for bringing my attention to the "Downloaded Posting Date". I didn't know it was there. Now that I have checked it - I see that before 12/20/21 all transactions from my Bank's checking account had the same "Date" and "Downloaded Posting Date" - and the "Downloaded Posting Date" was the same as what I saw online and on my statements. Beginning 12/20/21 that all changed. Now the "Downloaded Posting Date" is a day after the transaction actually took place and the date is different than what I see online and on my statements. btw - this is new for my bank. This has always been the case for Amex. I wish the "Date", "Downloaded Posted Date" and the dates on my statements would correspond. As is I can't go with the date in Quicken to correspond with the date of the transaction for Amex (never could) and now my bank!
This discussion has been closed.