Quicken not showing all payments to a specified payee.

MargaretE
MargaretE Member
edited February 2022 in Reports (Windows)
Trying to create a payments list for a specific payee (State Farm). Quicken will show all the payments in an "Itemized Payee" listing, but not in the "Spending by Payee" list. Why?? What am I missing?

Answers

• bmciance
    bmciance SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just to be sure of your question, are you saying you don't get anything for that payee in the Spending by Payee report or is it that Spending by Payee only gives you a summarized number?  If the issue is that it only gives you a summarized number just double click on the amount and it will create a report of the detailed transactions.
  • Jim_Harman
    Jim_Harman SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Or are you saying that the Spending by Payee report includes some but not all of the transactions?
    QWin Premier subscription
  • MargaretE
    MargaretE Member
    The Spending by Payee report shows payments to State Farm for home and auto insurance. It does not show the insurance on a rental property. I have checked that all income/expenses categories are included and properly tax coded. It is just weird.
  • Jim_Harman
    Jim_Harman SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    If the payment for the rental property was from a different account, make sure that account is included in the report.

Don't rely on the "All accounts" setting to include all of your accounts, change it to "Selected" and make sure the account is included.
    QWin Premier subscription
  • MargaretE
    MargaretE Member
    Checks were from the same account as all other payments. It must have something to do with my accounting for rental expenses as a deduction from rental income. It's not a big deal, I know now what to be aware off. Thanks for your efforts - much appreciated.
This discussion has been closed.