Charles Schwab Security Disappears After Download

Donald E. Kaye
Donald E. Kaye Member ✭✭✭
While the data downloads correctly on one of my accounts, a security and all of its previous data within the account got deleted with the first download after the latest Quicken update.  The security that was deleted was the Charles Schwab Value Advantage Fund, which is a Money Market Account.  I've tried it several times with a backup file with the same result.  Please fix the issue!!

Has anyone else experienced this issue?

Comments

• Quicken Jared
    Quicken Jared Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    While the data downloads correctly on one of my accounts, a security and all of its previous data within the account got deleted with the first download after the latest Quicken update.  The security that was deleted was the Charles Schwab Value Advantage Fund, which is a Money Market Account.  I've tried it several times with a backup file with the same result.  Please fix the issue!!

Has anyone else experienced this issue?
    Hello @Donald E. Kaye,    

I am sorry for any confusion or frustration you may have experienced, and I thank you for bringing this matter up for discussion here on the Quicken Community.

Does your MMA have a ticker symbol? You might try entering the Charles Schwab Value Advantage Fund as a cash balance. This is just a suggestion for a possible workaround; I may need additional information for further possible solutions.

Also, where is your active data file being stored? You can check this by going to File > Show "(data file name will be shown here)" in Finder in the upper menu at the top of the screen while Quicken is open. Using a data file that is being stored on an external hard drive or cloud-based storage service can cause some irregularities in program behavior, so we advise against this.

I hope that is helpful,

Thanks,

Quicken Jared 
  • Donald E. Kaye
    Thank you for responding.  I certainly need this to be fixed.  The Fund does have a symbol, SWVXX.  The file is stored in: HD>Users> <(my User Name)>Library>Application Support>Quicken>Documents Quicken 2000>Data File.  It is stored on the Computer Hard Drive and not in the Cloud.

Of course I could add the Cash Balance, but I still lose all the previous data.  

Under Transactions in the Charles Swab Account all the downloades from SWVXX appear, but under Portfolio the Balance and associated transactions were deleted with the last Quick update and the total Schwab account balance is off by that deletion.  I'm keeping the backup before your last update intact so I can go back and use it when this problem is fixed--hopefully soon.  I can help any way I can.
  • J Wilson
    J Wilson Member
    I am having the same problem.
  • Quicken Jared
    Thank you for responding.  I certainly need this to be fixed.  The Fund does have a symbol, SWVXX.  The file is stored in: HD>Users> <(my User Name)>Library>Application Support>Quicken>Documents Quicken 2000>Data File.  It is stored on the Computer Hard Drive and not in the Cloud.

Of course I could add the Cash Balance, but I still lose all the previous data.  

Under Transactions in the Charles Swab Account all the downloades from SWVXX appear, but under Portfolio the Balance and associated transactions were deleted with the last Quick update and the total Schwab account balance is off by that deletion.  I'm keeping the backup before your last update intact so I can go back and use it when this problem is fixed--hopefully soon.  I can help any way I can.
    @Donald E. Kaye,          

I thank you for reaching out again and keeping in touch with me about this. I am sorry that the issue seems to be persisting. 

I do have one other question: are the SWVXX securities sweep positions?

Thanks again for your responses, and I hope to check back in this thread as often as I can.

Thanks,

Quicken Jared 
  • Donald E. Kaye
    I'm sorry, but I don't know what a "Sweep Position" is.  Here are the screen shots before and after the last Quicken update showing the relevant information.

• Quicken Jared
    I'm sorry, but I don't know what a "Sweep Position" is.  Here are the screen shots before and after the last Quicken update showing the relevant information.

@Donald E. Kaye,   

Thank you for providing the screenshot, and we won't worry about the security types for right now. I appreciate your patience and continued effort in working with me on this.

First, save a backup by going to File > Save a Backup in the menu at the top of the screen while Quicken is open. Next, select the investment account that is exhibiting this behavior from the left-hand panel in the Quicken window, and then go into Accounts > Settings > Downloads in the top of the screen and select Disconnect Account. You can reconnect the account by going back to the same location and clicking Connect Account.

I look forward to your reply.

Thank you,

Quicken Jared 
  • Donald E. Kaye
    @Quicken Jared, I followed your directions on the old file that still had the quicken security.  When I tried to reconnect, I got a message that a new Cloud had to be set up.  I did that,  then reconnected.  I ran a download and the security again disappeared.
  • Quicken Jared
    @Quicken Jared, I followed your directions on the old file that still had the quicken security.  When I tried to reconnect, I got a message that a new Cloud had to be set up.  I did that,  then reconnected.  I ran a download and the security again disappeared.
    @Donald E. Kaye, 

Thanks again for keeping me updated. Sorry the issue is still ongoing; thank you for your patience.

Remember to save a backup before attempting any new troubleshooting steps, as always.

Just so I am clear, did you go into Quicken > Preferences > Connected Services in the menu at the top of the screen while Quicken is open to set up the new Cloud account? At any point, were you prompted to Reset the Cloud?

Also, try signing out of Quicken by going to Quicken > Sign Out in the same menu as before. Sign back in when prompted, and try to update the online accounts as per usual. 

I hope this is helpful, and I am eager to hear any further responses you may be able to provide.

Thank you,

Quicken Jared 
  • Donald E. Kaye
    Jared, I followed all the above and Quicken deleted the Security again.  In my opinion there is a bug in Quicken that needs to be addressed for Charles Schwab.  Everything else works.
  • Quicken Jared
    Jared, I followed all the above and Quicken deleted the Security again.  In my opinion there is a bug in Quicken that needs to be addressed for Charles Schwab.  Everything else works.
    @Donald E. Kaye,

I understand that this is frustrating, and I really want to thank you for going through the recommendations I've provided and taking the time to keep in contact with me about this. I do apologize that the issue remains unresolved.

In this case, it will be our best option in assisting you to refer you to phone support. You can contact them with the link I am providing below:

https://www.quicken.com/support#contact-support

Feel free to reach out to the Quicken Community with any additional questions or concerns at any point in the future.

Thanks again,

Quicken Jared 
  • Donald E. Kaye
    I'm sorry to say that phone support was unable to resolve this issue.  As a result of this problem and my desire to continue to use Quicken I am going too move my money out of Charles Schwab to another brokerage that doesn't have this issue.
  • Donald E. Kaye
    Update:  Instead of moving all my money out of Charles Schwab, I sold all of the Schwab Value Advantage Fund.  It wasn't earning much anyway.  Since the old file was screwed up because of the deletion of the Fund, I created a new file with a new Charles Schwab Account.  I then moved the old account to "hidden" and moved all Schwab transactions from the old file to the new one to preserve the history.  For the most part that solved my problem.  All stock history was preserved for basis purposes.  I had to add some balancing transactions to account for the deleted fund.  All in all it was not an easy fix for me, and I am disappointed that this issue occurred with the last Quicken update.
This discussion has been closed.