Quicken can no longer access my accounts at Wayne Bank in Central New York State. (Q Mac)

Tony Breuer
Tony Breuer Member ✭✭
Hi, Up until a few weeks ago I had no problem on Quicken connecting and downloading transactions from Wayne Bank in New York State. I'm only able to do it now by entering each transaction myself into Quicken. I have checked the login information numerous times and what I am entering is correct. Please help.
Tagged:

Comments

• Quicken Jared
    Quicken Jared Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Hi, Up until a few weeks ago I had no problem on Quicken connecting and downloading transactions from Wayne Bank in New York State. I'm only able to do it now by entering each transaction myself into Quicken. I have checked the login information numerous times and what I am entering is correct. Please help.
    Hello @Tony Breuer,

I am sorry that you are having this trouble with connecting your Wayne Bank account. I appreciate you drawing the attention of the Quicken Community to the issue and taking the time to speak with us about this. 

I am happy to provide advice for troubleshooting, but first I do have some questions for you about what is happening when you try to add or link your accounts to online banking services. Do you notice any particular error messages when you attempt to connect? Are your transactions simply not appearing in the register? What version of Quicken and what macOS are you making use of, at the moment?

I look forward to any reply you may be able to provide, and hope to work with you on this issue further.

Thanks,

Quicken Jared
  • Tony Breuer
    Tony Breuer Member ✭✭
    Thanks, Jared. Sorry for the delay. I've managed to loginto the Wayne Bank website and reset my info, but I'm still getting a Quicken error which I will paste below:

Institution Login Sync Error
    Warning
    We had a problem syncing this institution login:
    Wayne Bank

Please try again. If the error persists, contact Quicken Support.
    Error code: BID = 40686

Thank you for any help you can give. I've been a Quicken user for many years and have never run into this with other financial institutions.

Tony Breuer
  • Quicken Jared
    Thanks, Jared. Sorry for the delay. I've managed to loginto the Wayne Bank website and reset my info, but I'm still getting a Quicken error which I will paste below:

Institution Login Sync Error
    Warning
    We had a problem syncing this institution login:
    Wayne Bank

Please try again. If the error persists, contact Quicken Support.
    Error code: BID = 40686

Thank you for any help you can give. I've been a Quicken user for many years and have never run into this with other financial institutions.

Tony Breuer
    @Tony Breuer,

Thank you so much for following up with me, and I am sorry that the issue seems to be recurring. 

First, be sure to save a backup by going to File > Save a Backup in the upper menu at the top of the screen while Quicken is open. Doing this frequently is exceedingly beneficial in a wide array of scenarios.

Next, go to Quicken > Preferences > Connected Services in the upper menu at the top of the screen while Quicken is open. Click Reset next to your Cloud account information. Now, try linking your account(s) by selecting it from the left-hand panel, or account list, in the Quicken window, and then go to Accounts > Settings > Downloads in the top menu and clicking Connect Account. You may not see that option should the accounts have already been linked somehow.

Lastly, do you have any antivirus software, Virtual Private Networks, or FireWalls that may be active? These have been known to cause connection issues for Quicken on occasion. 

I look forward to hearing from you further, and I will try to check in on this discussion as often as possible to provide further assistance, if necessary. 

Thank you,
  • Tony Breuer
    Tony Breuer Member ✭✭
    I did that and still have the problem. I can log in OK using Safari, but not through Quicken. I don't have an active VPN.
  • Tony Breuer
    Tony Breuer Member ✭✭
    I still get "Quicken cannot connect to this account."
  • Ps56k2
    Ps56k2 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tony Breuer said: Hi, Up until a few weeks ago I had no problem on Quicken connecting and downloading transactions from Wayne Bank in New York State.
    Which exact name do you have setup for your Quicken Account - there are like 6 Wayne Bank entries listed...

QWin - R54.16 - Win10

• Quicken Jared
    I still get "Quicken cannot connect to this account."
    @Tony Breuer,

Thank you for keeping in touch with me regarding this problem, and I am sorry that you are still being troubled by this connection error.

I saw that you said no VPN was currently being used, but I want to be sure: is your FireWall currently enabled? You can disable it, if necessary, by going to the 'apple' icon in the upper left-hand corner of the screen and then navigating to System Preferences > Security & Privacy and then to the FireWall tab. Also, it may be necessary to uninstall any antivirus software that might be active, as this can be a source of the 'BID' error that was mentioned previously. 

It may also help to sign out of Quicken by going to Quicken > Sign Out in the menu in the upper edge of the screen while Quicken is open. You may then sign back in with your Quicken ID and Quicken.com password when prompted and try to connect the accounts once again.

I hope this was helpful and look forward to any updates you may be able to provide in the future, should you have the chance to check back in with us.

Thank you,

Quicken Jared 
  • Tony Breuer
    Tony Breuer Member ✭✭
    I just turned off the firewall, signed out, quit Norton 360, and tried again. Same result. I'll try the Wayne Bank Help line. Yesterday all I got was a recording to call back because they were busy and couldn't take my call.
  • Quicken Jared
    I just turned off the firewall, signed out, quit Norton 360, and tried again. Same result. I'll try the Wayne Bank Help line. Yesterday all I got was a recording to call back because they were busy and couldn't take my call.
    @Tony Breuer

I do apologize that the issue remains - as of yet - unresolved. Thank you for continuing to work with me on this, nonetheless, and I do look forward to any updates you may be able to provide in the future, should you have a chance to drop by once again.

Thank you,

Quicken Jared 
  • Tony Breuer
    Tony Breuer Member ✭✭
    I called the bank & they said to clear the cookies and cache which I did and Quicken still can't log on.
  • Ps56k2
    Ps56k2 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    1 - As I asked way above - what specific Wayne Bank name are you using for the Quicken defined account ?
    2 - The "cookies & cache" have nothing to do with Quicken downloading...
    UNLESS you are manually downloading from the Wayne Bank website ?

QWin - R54.16 - Win10

• Quicken Jared
    I called the bank & they said to clear the cookies and cache which I did and Quicken still can't log on.
    @Tony Breuer,

Thank you for updating me regarding the situation at hand, and I am saddened to hear that the trouble with connecting your accounts is persisting.

There is something else that occurs to me as a possible source of the issue, but I have a question that must be answered before I can explain further. What instance are you selecting when you try to add or link an account and you get to the bank list? It appears there are a few choices when entering 'Wayne Bank' into the search bar. 

I look forward to your response and hope to continue corresponding with you, should you check back in with us.

Thanks again,

Quicken Jared 

• Tony Breuer
    Tony Breuer Member ✭✭
    Ps56k2 and Jared: www.waynebank.com
  • Ps56k2
    Ps56k2 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ps56k2 and Jared: www.waynebank.com
    that wasn't the question - the website -
    it was... what Quicken BANK NAME did you select when you setup the Account - as there are several choices -
    each one has a different set of attributes,
    and we would like to get the baseline of WHICH entry you are working with -

QWin - R54.16 - Win10

• Tony Breuer
    Tony Breuer Member ✭✭
    I don't know. I set it up through waynebank.com when I opened the account a few years ago because they had bought the local branch of NBDC where I had the original account. The location had changed banks.
  • Quicken Jared
    I don't know. I set it up through waynebank.com when I opened the account a few years ago because they had bought the local branch of NBDC where I had the original account. The location had changed banks.
    @Tony Breuer

I do apologize for any confusion you may be experiencing. Thank you for working with us so patiently on this problem. 

You can check the instance you have been able to connect your account with by selecting the account from the left-hand panel of the Quicken window in the Account List and then going to Accounts > Settings > Downloads in the menu at the top of the screen while Quicken is open. The specific instance should be listed next to the heading, Financial Institution.

I hope this is helpful, and look forward to working on this issue with you, further.

Thanks,

Quicken Jared 
  • Tony Breuer
    Tony Breuer Member ✭✭
    Thanks, Jared. This is just going around in circles. I did that and followed through to set up connections. Quicken then asks for login info that is the same as I use to log into Wayne Bank's website. I do that using the same login name and password and hit OK. Quicken is refused entry and asks me if I mistyped the info. I've done this at least two dozen times in the last few days. I make sure it matches what I have used to get on the Wayne Bank website and it does match. I can then enter what I want manually in Quicken. But up until this started happening I used UPDATE ALL ACCOUNTS and it's worked fine for the last three or four years. It works fine with two accounts I have with Chase, four accounts with Schwab and more accounts with Prudential. This only happens with Wayne Bank.
  • Ps56k2
    Ps56k2 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tony Breuer said:  Quicken then asks for login info that is the same as I use to log into Wayne Bank's website. I do that using the same login name and password and hit OK. Quicken is refused entry and asks me if I mistyped the info.
    Is the password you are using at this as yet un-defined out of 6 Wayne Banks - using special chars, or how long is it ?
    Each bank shares with Quicken their password attributes, and sometimes allows different attributes on their website vs what they have told Quicken is acceptable during downloading.
    And this is the time in all these postings you have mentioned that the User ID and password being entered is the problem...

QWin - R54.16 - Win10

• Tony Breuer
    Tony Breuer Member ✭✭
    Ps56k2 - Thanks for your help. The Quicken error is a connection error. Sorry if I wasn't clear enough. The login and password that I enter are the same that I use successfully all the time with Safari, my usual browser or Chrome. The Waynebank account I use is listed as www.waynebank.com at the top of the list of Waynebanks on the Quicken list. Again, sorry if I wasn't clear about that.

I just tried exporting the account from the bank website as a .qfx file to my downloads folder and then importing it into Quicken using "IMPORT" from the Quicken file menu linking to the checking account in the Quicken list and that worked. It's a bit more complicated but if that works, I'll continue to do that. Wayne Bank is a tiny local bank, but it's the only one that's close to where I live in upstate NY so I can walk to the ATM and make cash and check deposits if need be. I'm a senior citizen and may not be able to drive in the long term so I'm stuck with that solution. I have other accounts with big brokerage and banking firms and have had zero problems using Quicken online solutions for almost thirty years now.

Sorry for any confusion I've caused you and Jared.

Monday I'll see if the "UPDATE ALL ONLINE ACCOUNTS" command works. If not I'll have to use the circuitous Export/Import method.
  • Quicken Jared
    Ps56k2 - Thanks for your help. The Quicken error is a connection error. Sorry if I wasn't clear enough. The login and password that I enter are the same that I use successfully all the time with Safari, my usual browser or Chrome. The Waynebank account I use is listed as www.waynebank.com at the top of the list of Waynebanks on the Quicken list. Again, sorry if I wasn't clear about that.

I just tried exporting the account from the bank website as a .qfx file to my downloads folder and then importing it into Quicken using "IMPORT" from the Quicken file menu linking to the checking account in the Quicken list and that worked. It's a bit more complicated but if that works, I'll continue to do that. Wayne Bank is a tiny local bank, but it's the only one that's close to where I live in upstate NY so I can walk to the ATM and make cash and check deposits if need be. I'm a senior citizen and may not be able to drive in the long term so I'm stuck with that solution. I have other accounts with big brokerage and banking firms and have had zero problems using Quicken online solutions for almost thirty years now.

Sorry for any confusion I've caused you and Jared.

Monday I'll see if the "UPDATE ALL ONLINE ACCOUNTS" command works. If not I'll have to use the circuitous Export/Import method.
    @Tony Breuer,       

Thanks again for continuing to follow up with us, and for clarifying the situation further. Not to worry about the earlier confusion regarding the error message; we're happy to work with you.

I look forward to hearing more about the updates and whether or not the issue is resolved after you attempt this further troubleshooting step, should you have the chance to check in with us again in the near future. I'll continue to correspond with you in this thread as often as possible, if necessary.

Thanks again for keeping in touch with us about this matter.

Best regards,

Quicken Jared 
  • Tony Breuer
    Tony Breuer Member ✭✭
    SOLVED! Thanks for your help. It was the bank's fault. It turns out that they redesigned their website to make it more attractive and in the process, they added a period to their URL. It became www.wayne.bank.com replacing www.waynebank.com

They never contacted Quicken to change it on the Quicken list of approved banks.

So initially I changed it in my browser and on my iPhone app, but because Wayne Bank never notified Quicken to change it on the Quicken list of banks, I couldn't log on while using Quicken.

Thank you, Jared and Ps56k2 for your help, I really appreciate your patience.
  • Hi @Tony Breuer,

Thank you for your responses and your patience while @Quicken Jared and @Ps56k2 helped you work towards a resolution. We are so happy to hear that this issue has been solved! 

Have a great day,
    Quicken Jasmine

-Quicken Jasmine

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round-up of your top posts.

This discussion has been closed.