Quicken crashes when Bills & Income Tab is chosen

My Quicken crashes when Bills & Income Tab is chosen. I called tech support a couple of days ago and they had me download a patch that fixed the problem but now it is back.

Comments

• Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    edited January 2022
    Hello @Walter Ballard,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community and telling us about your issue, though I apologize that you are experiencing this and for not having received a response yet.

To start with, I suggest that you try validating and/or super validating your data file. However, I do recommend that you first save a backup file prior to performing these steps.

Validate
    1. File
    2. Validate and Repair File...
    3. Validate File
    4. Click OK
    5. Close the Data Log
    6. Close Quicken (leave it closed for at least 5 secs)
    7. Reopen Quicken and see if the issue persists.

Super Validate:
    1. File
    2. Hold CTRL + Shift and click Validate and Repair File...
    3. Super Validate File
    4. Click OK
    5. Close the Data Log
    6. Close Quicken (leave it closed for at least 5 secs)
    7. Reopen Quicken and see if the issue persists.
    I hope this helps!

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• I have the same problem at the same tab. I have Validated and Super Validated as well as emptied the data from the section and then restored it. The crashes stopped for a time and then came back. I have sent in many crash reports. I am using the latest version, Quicken Deluxe R37.66, Build 27.1.37.66.
    Please help.
  • Quicken Paloma
    Quicken Paloma Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2022
    Hello @Eric Schechter, 

Thank you for reaching out to the Quicken Community. We apologize you are having this issue. At the moment other users seem to be experiencing this issue as well, it may be a bug. Could you please submit a problem report? To do this select Help >Report a problem.

Also, could you let us know how long this issue has been occurring and what version of Quicken you are using? This can be checked by selecting Help >About Quicken

When you have a moment please submit a problem report and let us know of any other questions or concerns. 

-Quicken Paloma
  • Scottcru1
    Scottcru1 Member
    Bills and Income tab was finally not crashing anymore on January 8. Accepted version patch R37.67 today (1/13/2022) and now it crashes again...every time.
  • Scottcru1
    Scottcru1 Member
    Also, I have run the "validate" and "super validate" procedures and have submitted a bug report.
  • RJPatton
    RJPatton Member ✭✭
    Same issues. Have run validate, super validate, no no avail. Submitted bug report. It is only the tab that is the issue. I can still access my reminders via CTL-J or Tools>Open Bill and Income Reminders.
  • NatR
    NatR Member
    I have nothing in the Bills & Income tab and no gear icon either. What is happening? Everything was working fine a few days ago. I just updated to Version R37.67 and it did not help. Quicken needs to fix this ASAP!
  • NatR
    NatR Member
    Forgot to say in my last comment that I am also experiencing Quicken crashing when I try to do anything in the Manage Manual Bills and Income tab. I've run the validate took and it found no errors in my file.
  • jlbergie
    jlbergie Member ✭✭
    I have the exact same problem with the Bills and Income tab and it all started after a Quicken update about 2 weeks ago. It was better after another update yesterday but now I get a black screen. Also I have to careful with using the calendar and the Bill tab at the same time.
  • I would like to know if others who have this issue have been sending their crash reports to Quicken when it crashes. I know that I have sent several. I thought that the cause might have been an error in my data file, would everyone out there have the same error in their file? I would also like to know if there is a limit to what the size of the data file should be and if others have large files, I don't archive so I have about 25 years worth of data in closed accounts, I like having it all in the same place. Is it possible that our data files are so large that it is causing trouble? Is there a way to identify a commonality that might be causing the problem? If Quicken is actively engaging this issue is there something that they will ask for from us to assist them?
  • Scottcru1
    Scottcru1 Member
    edited January 2022
    [Removed - Inaccurate/Speculation]
  • Wade Shanley
    Wade Shanley Member ✭✭✭
    Having the same issue. Im not sure exactly when it started but sometime in January after a few different Quicken updates. Really frustrating to constantly have to hard shutdown Quicken and restart every time. I've probably had to do this like 20 times. Im now noticing it crashing in other tabs too besides billing. I updated a register record hit enter, crash. It seems just very random and very unstable lately. The screen flashes like it's just struggling to run correctly. This program has become such an unstable mess lately.
  • QuicklyLosingPatienz
    QuicklyLosingPatienz Member ✭✭
    edited January 2022
    Between crashes - on two separate W10 machines - the Bills & Income tab made it crash. Now it's irreparably crashing. No validate, no restore, no Quicken. [Removed - Disruptive]
  • nevins2
    nevins2 Member
    I'm also still having problems with Bills tab, now my Quicken won't even load. Can't do the suggestions since the pages won't load, just a blank screen. I have reinstalled, to try and make sure the updated version, but still no response. Very frustrating!
  • Quicken Jade
    Quicken Jade Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Hello, thank you for bringing this issue to our attention, and I do apologize for the inconvenience. Our support team has noticed this issue can occur when using Carbonite. Please make sure that your data file is being stored locally, and not being synced by Carbonite, for the time being, we are working on escalating this issue and appreciate your patience! 
    - Quicken Jade
  • John Wind
    John Wind Member ✭✭
    Jade, has there been any movement on this issue, I do not use carbonite but I'm experiencing the same problems. I have been experiencing various problems with the Bills & Income feature for over two years.
  • John Wind
    John Wind Member ✭✭
    edited February 2022
    [Removed - Speculation/Off Topic]
  • And we have the further conundrum of updates causing the problem, so when do we trust updates again?
  • John Wind
    John Wind Member ✭✭
    Latest Update installed R38.30 build 27.1.38.30 problem still not fixed

Since the beginning of January, the Bill & Income feature is crashing QDF data table. Every time I open Quicken & go to the Bills & Income tab; I have to perform the Super Valid & Repair the next time I open Quicken.

The Repair process returns the same results every time, see below

QDF:
    Validating your data.
    Quicken found a damaged scheduled reminder and removed it. Please check your scheduled reminders by going to Tools>Manage Bills and Income Reminders.

QEL:
    No read errors.

QEL:
    All internal consistency checks passed.

[Tue Feb 08 23:01:00 2022]
    3 damaged scheduled transactions deleted
    No out-of-range security references found.

Super validation has completed.
This discussion has been closed.