How to merge two accounts?

AMP
AMP Member ✭✭
When setting-up downloads from Schwab I made a mistake. Instead of downloading translations to an existing account, I inadvertently downloaded them to a separate account. Now I would like to merge these accounts. Can these accounts be merged?
Also the account AFTER merger has to be enabled for future downloads from Schwab. What is the best way to do this?
I hope someone can help, please.
Cheers,
Andy

Answers

• Greg_the_Geek
    Greg_the_Geek SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
  • AMP
    AMP Member ✭✭
    Thanks for the info, but my problem is with investment accounts. Two questions come to mind:
    !. Are you familiar with the FAQ that discusses that problem?

What has happened is that Quicken/Schwab has created redundant investment accounts, instead of updating the current accounts. The new accounts, were updated from Dec 15 to now, but not the old accounts. Perhaps, I made a mistake when doing the downloads and selected new accounts instead of the current ones. So. I'm considering starting over by deleting the new accounts and re-do the schwab download aimed at the current accounts.
    2. Does this seem like the proper way to solve this matter?
    Of course, I" will backup before doing any actions.
    Cheers
    Andy
  • Sherlock
    Sherlock Member ✭✭✭✭
    AMP said:
    Thanks for the info, but my problem is with investment accounts. Two questions come to mind:
    !. Are you familiar with the FAQ that discusses that problem?

What has happened is that Quicken/Schwab has created redundant investment accounts, instead of updating the current accounts. The new accounts, were updated from Dec 15 to now, but not the old accounts. Perhaps, I made a mistake when doing the downloads and selected new accounts instead of the current ones. So. I'm considering starting over by deleting the new accounts and re-do the schwab download aimed at the current accounts.
    2. Does this seem like the proper way to solve this matter?
    Of course, I" will backup before doing any actions.
    Cheers
    Andy
    1. To move transactions between investment account registers: open the source register, press Ctrl + Shift + N, and select Move Transactions
    2. Deleting the new accounts and setting up the import to the original accounts should work.
This discussion has been closed.