social security:benefits for me and spouse have identical identifying information

W Jordan
W Jordan Member ✭✭
My spouse delayed her SS benefits and receives a spousal benefit based on my earnings. I receive my benefit as well. Each month two electronic deposits are made into our checking account. Both deposits have identical payee and memo informatiion. How can i memorize the transactions to distinguish the two benefits?

Best Answer

• Jim_Harman
    Jim_Harman SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    One way would be to create two Reminders for the SS payments, one for you and one for your spouse, with different Payee names. You can have these auto entered into your checking account register before the payments are due. Then Quicken will match the downloaded transactions to the ones that are in the register
    QWin Premier subscription

Answers

• Jim_Harman
    Jim_Harman SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    One way would be to create two Reminders for the SS payments, one for you and one for your spouse, with different Payee names. You can have these auto entered into your checking account register before the payments are due. Then Quicken will match the downloaded transactions to the ones that are in the register
    QWin Premier subscription
  • W Jordan
    W Jordan Member ✭✭
    Thank you, Jim. I've set up two income reminders.
This discussion has been closed.