Account List groups

Gerald Exstein
Gerald Exstein Member ✭✭
In the Accounts List I have some accounts under Banking, some under Investing and some under Retirement. However, in the list there are only two sub totals: Banking and Investing. There is no label for Retirement but there is a line between the retirement accounts and the investment accounts. But they are all grouped under Investments. I want the Retirements accounts separated from the Investment accounts so I would end up with 3 sub totals: Banking, Investing and Retirement. But I can't find out how to do this.

Any advice will be appreciated!

Gerry

Best Answer

• Sherlock
    Sherlock Member ✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    I suggest you consider using the All Accounts or the Investment and Retirement Accounts item on a customized Home view: open a classic Home view and select the gear pull-down menu at the upper right and select Customize view.  Note: To be able to access a classic Home view you may need to first enable the Classic Dashboard.

Answers

• Ps56k2
    Ps56k2 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Don't think so - the Retirement Accounts are considered part of the Investment group -
    The high level Quicken grouping are:
    Banking
    Investing
    Property & Debt

QWin - R54.16 - Win10

• Sherlock
    Sherlock Member ✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    I suggest you consider using the All Accounts or the Investment and Retirement Accounts item on a customized Home view: open a classic Home view and select the gear pull-down menu at the upper right and select Customize view.  Note: To be able to access a classic Home view you may need to first enable the Classic Dashboard.
  • Hi Ps56k2,

Thanks for your info. I thought I could put the retirement accounts into Property & Debt (they are all labeled IRA so I would still know what they are) but 2 accounts are stock based and it would not let me move them out of investment or retirements.

I've been using Quicken for MANY years and i would be lost without it. But i HATE it when they have hard programming limits in it that make it difficult to really customize it the way you want!!

Thanks,
    Gerry
  • Hi Sherlock,

I wasn't too sure of your suggestion but i tried it and i was able to put a custom view into the Dashboard with All Accounts and while the Retirements accounts are still grouped with the Investing there IS a separate subtotal for the Investing and a separate subtotal for the Retirement accounts. I still would have liked it to appear in the regular Accounts List but seeing it in the Dashboard is pretty good.

THANKS,
    Gerry
  • Ps56k2
    Ps56k2 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2022
    My HOME screen has these -
    Investment & Retirement Accounts
    Watch List

QWin - R54.16 - Win10

This discussion has been closed.