Capital One downloading "new" accounts

shamrock_94
shamrock_94 Member ✭✭
I was having and issue with one of my Capital One accounts, so I deactivated the one step update for all Capital One accounts. Upon re-authorization, the accounts downloaded were not matched with existing quicken accounts. The accounts downloaded were added as new accounts, without the opportunity to match to current accounts. How can I connect new downloads to existing accounts?

Best Answer

• Sherlock
    Sherlock Member ✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    After you deactivate the Online Services associated with an account register, I suggest you clear the name of the financial institution on the General tab of the Account Details window.  To activate the Online Services, I suggest you select Tools > Add Account....  After you have authenticated, Quicken should provide a list of the accounts it obtains from the financial institution and allow you to link the accounts to the appropriate existing registers.

At this point you should either restore a Quicken file backup you saved before the new account was added, delete the new account, or merge the original account into the new account.

Answers

• Sherlock
    Sherlock Member ✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    After you deactivate the Online Services associated with an account register, I suggest you clear the name of the financial institution on the General tab of the Account Details window.  To activate the Online Services, I suggest you select Tools > Add Account....  After you have authenticated, Quicken should provide a list of the accounts it obtains from the financial institution and allow you to link the accounts to the appropriate existing registers.

At this point you should either restore a Quicken file backup you saved before the new account was added, delete the new account, or merge the original account into the new account.
  • shamrock_94
    shamrock_94 Member ✭✭
    That seemed to work thanks
This discussion has been closed.