How do I keep dates from downloaded transactions that are matched to my entries?

Options
JoeTACP
JoeTACP Member ✭✭
I have Quicken Home, Business & Rental Property (Version R37.67 Build 27.1.37.67) on a Windows 10 PC. When I download and match transactions from my bank (USAA), the dates of my entered transactions stay. I want the dates from the downloaded transactions to overwrite the dates I entered before I downloaded the matches. I've searched everywhere I can think to search, and have found some screenshots of preferences which don't match what I have. I have gone through every setting I can find in my version of Quicken, and there's nothing related to downloaded transaction dates. Does anyone know how I can make the downloaded dates overwrite the my entries?

Best Answers

• Frankx
    Frankx SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options
    Hi @JoeTACP,

Do you know that you can have the bank's Downloaded "Posting Date" appear in the register simply by changing the register column settings? 

If that is not what you want to see - the only way, that I am aware of, to have "downloaded dates" to appear in your Quicken register, is for you to manually change the date field.

Frankx

Quicken Home, Business & Rental Property - Windows 10-Home Version

- - - - Quicken User since 1984 - - - 
      -  If you find this reply helpful, please click "Helpful" (below), so others will know! Thank you.  -

• JoeTACP
    JoeTACP Member ✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options
    Thanks @Frankx! I didn't know that, but just added that column.

Answers

• Frankx
    Frankx SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options
    Hi @JoeTACP,

Do you know that you can have the bank's Downloaded "Posting Date" appear in the register simply by changing the register column settings? 

If that is not what you want to see - the only way, that I am aware of, to have "downloaded dates" to appear in your Quicken register, is for you to manually change the date field.

Frankx

Quicken Home, Business & Rental Property - Windows 10-Home Version

- - - - Quicken User since 1984 - - - 
      -  If you find this reply helpful, please click "Helpful" (below), so others will know! Thank you.  -

• JoeTACP
    JoeTACP Member ✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options
    Thanks @Frankx! I didn't know that, but just added that column.
This discussion has been closed.