I have two accounts that are showing indicating payments as deposits.

Quicken Subscription Version R37.67.

Quicken updated just before I updated my accounts from the bank.

When I completed updating my accounts, a reconciliation window opened and indicated that I had a balance mismatch and that I should manually reconcile the account.

As I went through each downloaded transaction, it was listed in the payment column.

When I tried to reconcile the transaction, it asked me if I wanted to that because it was reconciling money that had come into my account. It apparently thinks it is a deposit.

When I completed reconciling the account, it shows a bank balance of 605.55 and an ending balance of $334.05. That is a $271.50 difference in my "online" balance and my ending balance.

The ending balance of $334.05 matches what my bank shows with not outstanding transactions.

I have a second account that is showing an online balance of 569.38 and an ending balance of $274.65.

I didn't reconcile it, but it came up with the same screen for reconciling.

My ending balance of $274.65 matches what my bank shows before accounting for one outstanding transaction.

I think there is a bug in the program and it needs to be fixed quickly.

Why does quicken do a monthly update? It only adds to the possibility of bugs creeping into the code.

Has anyone else had this problem? I don't know of a way to correct it my self.

Comments

• Sherlock
    Sherlock Member ✭✭✭✭
    If the online balance obtained from the financial institution is not reliable, I suggest you reconcile the account register using statement obtained from the financial institution.
  • Bitpicker
    Bitpicker Member
    I really hate having to do that especially if there is a problem with Quicken.

I did manage to get everything corrected. I restored from an older backup and reprocessed the account update. The balances are all correct at this point.

Thank you for your suggestion.
This discussion has been closed.