Downloads from American Express

Ross Peebles
Ross Peebles Member ✭✭
When downloading billing transactions from American Express, instead of the vendor showing, my last name is used instead. Help!

Answers

• Quicken Paloma
    Quicken Paloma Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Hello @Ross Peebles, 

Thank you for reaching out to the Quicken Community. We apologize you are having this issue. To better assist you more information is needed. For instance, what error codes or messages are you getting? Also, is this occurring with any particular vendors/payees? 

To check the connection method select the account in question then Settings >Downloads. 

Please elaborate further so that we may provide the proper guidance.  

-Quicken Paloma
  • jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    @Ross Peebles It's not clear from your post whether a Renaming Rule in Quicken is at fault or not. Could you click on one of these transactions and do View > Show Inspector. What is in the "Statement Payee" field and what is in the "Payee" field above?
    Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993
  • Ross Peebles
    Ross Peebles Member ✭✭
    The transaction I used is one of the many transactions that show my last name as Peebles. In the Statement Payee field is the vendor it should: UPS. In the "Payee" is my last name. I guess I could substitute the Payee header file to Statement Payee, but 10% of the American Express transactions are correct. Should not the "error" problem be 100%? Is the solution you help me discover the only solution? Do you have another solution?
  • jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    So you're saying that a transaction with a Statement Payee of UPS has a Quicken Payee name of your last name? Open Window > Payees & Rules and click on the Renaming Rule tab. Are there any rules there for UPS?
    Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993
  • I am also having problems with downloading transactions from American Express. For multiple transactions, a single name was used as the payee and was inaccurate. Also many transactions are missing from the download. I use an iMac computer.
  • Quicken Jared
    Quicken Jared Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    I am also having problems with downloading transactions from American Express. For multiple transactions, a single name was used as the payee and was inaccurate. Also many transactions are missing from the download. I use an iMac computer.
    Hello @dancingfingers,

I am sorry to hear that you are experiencing this issue, as well. I am happy you chose to reach out to the Quicken Community about this matter.

Have you looked into the Renaming Rule tab, per @jacobs earlier post? 

I eagerly await any response you should be able to provide.

Best regards,

Quicken Jared 
  • Yes, I have done this (renaming). That isn't the problem. There is some glitch when trying to download from American Express and import into Quicken. Do you have any other suggestions?
  • Quicken Paloma
    Quicken Paloma Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Hello @dancingfinger

Thank you for your response. To clarify, if you are importing the information via a QFX file and there is a discrepancy I would recommend contacting their OFX/Escalation team. We do not have access to the bank's servers or the files and their formatting. 

Please let us know of any other questions. 

-Quicken Paloma
This discussion has been closed.