ONGOING - Capital One CC-501 Error

Options
HiltyGA1
HiltyGA1 Member
I've continued to experience problems downloading information on the two Capital One credit cards that I have. Despite having reauthorized Quicken with Capital One two separate times, I'm still unable to download and reconcile my activity. Each time I've gone through the reauthorization hoops, Capital One has confirmed my authorization of Quicken. When I log on to Capital One, Quicken is the only third-party name that appears in my account authorization.
I've searched the discussion sections previously and several other Quicken users have brought this up in the past. All threads have been closed with no fix provided.

Comments

• Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    edited January 2022
    Options
    Hello @HiltyGA1,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community to tell us about your issue, though I apologize that you are experiencing this.

We have opened an escalation ticket with our service provider for this issue. While the investigation remains ongoing, please, refer to this open Community Alert for updates.

I apologize for any inconvenience this may cause in the meantime! Thank you.

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• Boatnmaniac
    Boatnmaniac SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    @HiltyGA1 - I have been experiencing the CC-501 error code with my Cap One credit card just about every time I run OSU for the past 1-2 wks.  When that happens I then do Update Now and almost every time I get a successful download.  If you are still having this problem you might want to try doing Update Now (Account Register > upper right Gear icon > Update Now).

(Quicken Classic Premier Subscription: R55.15 on Windows 11)

• northstar351
    northstar351 Member ✭✭
    Options
    Is anyone else having this error? As much as Quicken says they are working on it, nothing is really happening. Since I do all my purchases thru Capital One, I have to manually enter the data thru the month to stay up to date. A real pain in the butt.

Quicken - how soon until you fix this?
  • Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    Options
    Hello @northstar351,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community to tell us about your issue, though I apologize that you are experiencing this.

This is a known issue for which we have opened an escalation ticket with our service provider. While the investigation remains ongoing, please, refer to this open Community Alert for any and all updates.

I apologize for any inconvenience this may cause in the meantime! Thank you.

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• stannickel
    stannickel Member ✭✭
    edited January 2022
    Options
    [Removed - Speculation/Disruptive]
  • Curt
    Curt Member ✭✭
    Options
    You are 1,000% correct John!!!! I've tried a dozen times to "Reauthorize" my Capital One credit card account. Each time I was shown "SUCCESS!" according to "Simplifi by Quickem". Try again and back to CC-901 and away we go! I have exited Quicken and tried again, CC-901! Completely shut down the PC and tried a day later; CC-901!
    Next is to delete Capital One from the One Step Update list and after a reboot I'll add it back in again. I'll let you know if it works after that.
  • Curt
    Curt Member ✭✭
    Options
    Anja

I have a similar issue, but the Error Code is "CC-901", not ""CC-501: What is the difference?
  • Curt
    Curt Member ✭✭
    edited January 2022
    Options
    Boatnmaniac,

That does work most of the time, but not with this problem.
  • Fran101
    Fran101 Member ✭✭
    edited January 2022
    Options
    I'm going through all the same and there is no troubleshooting that works. Capital One knows nothing about Quicken Premier. I have my two main accounts with Capital One, this is unacceptable! [Removed - Rant]
  • kal8898
    kal8898 Member ✭✭
    edited January 2022
    Options
    I am having the same issue [Removed - Off Topic/Speculation]
  • northstar351
    northstar351 Member ✭✭
    edited January 2022
    Options
    I have the same problem ongoing for two months now with my Capital One accounts. [Removed - Off Topic]
  • Fran101
    Fran101 Member ✭✭
    edited January 2022
    Options
    [Removed - Off Topic]
This discussion has been closed.