Account Selection Missing in Setting for Reports

JCSAZ
JCSAZ Member ✭✭
edited February 2022 in Reports (Windows)
Is anyone experiencing this software glitch? When I go to report settings to select accounts, the boxes to the right of the listed accounts are not visible. Quicken Deluxe Version R37.67.

Answers

• splasher
    splasher SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Are you running Windows with a magnified display setting?  Doing so, causes some things to go outside the window which you can't change the size of.

-splasher using Q continuously since 1996
    - Subscription Quicken - Win11 and QW2013 - Win11
    -Questions? Check out the Quicken Windows FAQ list

• JCSAZ
    JCSAZ Member ✭✭
    Thanks, hadn't thought of that, but no display at 100%. A weird account popped up ACCT_b605aa. Thought maybe my quicken file is corrupt. Turned out it is not. Created a new file and have the same problem. Must be software related.
  • Hello @JCSAZ,

Thank you for coming to the Community to report the issues you are noticing in your Reports, though I apologize that you are experiencing this.

I tried to recreate this in my own Quicken software, and I do not see the same issue happening in mine. please uninstall and reinstall the Quicken software.

Once you have done this, let us know if you are still having the same problem. 

Thank you!

Quicken Alyssa

• JCSAZ
    JCSAZ Member ✭✭
    Did this already. Any other recommendation?
  • Quicken Paloma
    Quicken Paloma Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Hello @JCSAZ

Thank you for your response. Could you please provide a screenshot so that we may obtain a better understanding of the issue? Also please submit a bug report. 

To submit a bug report select Help >Report a problem. For instructions on attaching a screenshot please click here

Thank you!

-Quicken Paloma
  • JCSAZ
    JCSAZ Member ✭✭
    Bug report failed to send. Message "unable to send report try again". Does quicken support have an uninstaller that completely uninstalls program so I can clean install? Screenshare failed Saturday as well. Shut down firewall, still can't send.
  • JCSAZ
    JCSAZ Member ✭✭
    Found QCleanUI. When I get a chance I will use this tool to uninstall and then reinstall.
  • @JCSAZ,

Thank you for the updates and I am happy to hear you found the tool you were looking for! Do let us know how this goes and if it resolves the issue!

Quicken Alyssa

• JCSAZ
    JCSAZ Member ✭✭
    Bug report with screenshot sent. It worked this time with another reinstall. Report account select is still not available. See screen shot.
  • splasher
    splasher SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    JCSAZ said:
    Bug report with screenshot sent. It worked this time with another reinstall. Report account select is still not available. See screen shot.
    If you sent the screenshot to Quicken via Quicken, we can't see it.  You need to added the screenshot to a post here in the forum either using the picture icon at the top of the comment window or dragging the picture into your post.

• JCSAZ
    JCSAZ Member ✭✭
    Screenshot
  • splasher
    splasher SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2022
    To be correct, the missing checkboxes are on the left, but that really isn't important, yours are still missing.

What is also missing is the list of "All Accounts", "Banking", "Investing" & "Property and Debt" on the left hand side.  Even if I select "Banking", the other three are still shown.

• Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    I have seen this bug reported before.  But it has been so long ago I forget what triggers it, and there isn't any way I would be able to find the old thread.

I'm curious about one thing though.  Are you running Windows 8?
    Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
  • JCSAZ
    JCSAZ Member ✭✭
    Windows 7. The missing selection boxes are important for me. I use separate accounts for business and personal tax reports to file. By selecting different accounts I can be sure to not cross contaminate info on reports.
  • splasher
    splasher SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    JCSAZ said:
    Windows 7. The missing selection boxes are important for me. I use separate accounts for business and personal tax reports to file. By selecting different accounts I can be sure to not cross contaminate info on reports.
    You misunderstood my comment.  The "isn't important" comment applied to the location of left/right, not your use.  They are important if a user, like you, wants to restrict a report to only certain accounts.

• mshiggins
    mshiggins SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Chris_QPW said:
    I have seen this bug reported before.  But it has been so long ago I forget what triggers it, and there isn't any way I would be able to find the old thread.

I'm curious about one thing though.  Are you running Windows 8?
    Wasn't it something with the high DPI settings on the compatibility tab of the Quicken shortcut's properties?

Quicken user since Q1999. Currently using QW2017.
    Questions? Check out the Quicken Windows FAQ list

• JCSAZ
    JCSAZ Member ✭✭
    Sorry, did misunderstand. Any help is appreciated.
  • JCSAZ
    JCSAZ Member ✭✭
    On the chance it is the DPI settings on the shortcut, I changed it to disable. It had no effect. I wonder if upgrading to Win 10 would resolve it. Would hate to put in the work for nothing and don't like Win 10 or I would be running it now,
  • Rocket J Squirrel
    Rocket J Squirrel SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    splasher said:
    What is also missing is the list of "All Accounts", "Banking", "Investing" & "Property and Debt" on the left hand side.  Even if I select "Banking", the other three are still shown.
    OP only has Banking accounts as seen in the Account Bar.

Quicken user since version 2 for DOS, now using QWin Biz & Personal Subscription (US) on Win10 Pro.

This discussion has been closed.