Net worth graph on Quicken for Windows home page

Options
Lawrence Henricksen
Lawrence Henricksen Member ✭✭
edited February 2022 in Reports (Windows)
On the Home page for Quicken for Windows I display the Net Worth Graph for earliest to date with a monthly period. This includes all accounts (including hidden ones) and all categories, etc.
Starting about 5 years ago the graph for my net worth starts going down to where my net assets are negative before being reduced by the liabilities. One of the data problems is on an account(s) that is hidden. The IRA account was entered with transfer tranasctions for individual stocks which were rolled over into a different IRA account at a different broker. Apparently, the account transactions to clear the account are recorded correctly, but the net worth calculation the transfer out a 2nd time, thus causing the decline in net worth. This has happened through several rollovers.
Please advise how to fix this situation which I first noticed today.

Comments

• Sherlock
    Sherlock Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Generally, the method of determining the source of a discrepancy in a registers is to reconcile against a statements obtained from the financial institution.  If the previously reconciled balance has changed, a reconciled transaction has been added, modified, or deleted.  To determine the source of the change, I suggest comparing the running balance of the register in the current Quicken file with the running balance of the account register from a Quicken file backup saved when the account was last reconciled.  One way to accomplish this is to print the registers to text files.  There are a variety of programs available on 

If the issue is only apparent in the Home view, I suggest removing the item from the Home view and then adding the item back.  
  • Lawrence Henricksen
    Options
    Your solution worked perfectly!
This discussion has been closed.