American Century downloads

DC54
DC54 Member
Downloads worked for years and suddenly stopped a few days ago. Looking over post others had this issue in October 2021. I tried all suggestions posted, nothing worked. I talked with American Century rep and he looked into it and found no issues on their side. So here we go, Quicken or American Century.
I went so far as to delete one account and tried to enter it back, but the results were the same as others experienced in October.
Is anyone else experiencing this recently with American Century? Very frustrating, worked great for years. :# :/ :# :/

Comments

• Hello @DC54,

Thank you for coming to the Community to report the issues you are having connecting to American Century, though I apologize that you are experiencing this.

Which instance of AC are you using to connect? After looking at all three instances, two are Direct Connect(DC) only and one is Web Connect(WC) only. The WC option is "American Century BRS" and this method would require you to download your transactions from the financial institution's website and import it into your Quicken.

Is this the instance and method you are using?

Quicken Alyssa

• markjrenna
    markjrenna Windows Beta Beta
    Same here. 

• Rick2022
    Rick2022 Member ✭✭✭✭
    It has been happening to me too for several days.  But I'm using the latest subscription version of Quicken for Mac.  
    When I try to reset connection, I get a message that I've already connected all accounts available from American Century but when I try to update, it says it can't connect.
    Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1994
  • krmartin
    krmartin Member ✭✭✭
    > @DC54 said:
    > Downloads worked for years and suddenly stopped a few days ago. Looking over post others had this issue in October 2021. I tried all suggestions posted, nothing worked. I talked with American Century rep and he looked into it and found no issues on their side. So here we go, Quicken or American Century.
    > I went so far as to delete one account and tried to enter it back, but the results were the same as others experienced in October.
    > Is anyone else experiencing this recently with American Century? Very frustrating, worked great for years. :# :/ :# :/

Same problem.
  • Hello all,

Thank you all for adding to this discussion.

If you have not done so already, please review this Knowledge Base article that addresses the OL-304 error. 

With this thread growing as quickly as it is, I am guessing that there was most likely a change made on the financial institution's end that has caused this connectivity issue in Quicken. At any rate, the article is still worth reviewing.

You should also contact the financial institution at your earliest convenience to see what information they can provide us regarding this. I would suggest asking to speak with someone in online banking. 

Do let us know what they have to say, or if the article helped to resolve this issue.

Thank you!

Quicken Alyssa

• markjrenna
    markjrenna Windows Beta Beta
    Issue may have resolved.
  • DC54
    DC54 Member
    Yes, tried again today and the issue has been resolved.
  • wmbarryd
    wmbarryd Member ✭✭✭
    Problem not resolved for me. I disconnected and tried to reconnect but nothing happens. No error message. The "Looking for your accounts" screen flashes up then it simply returns to the register without making connection. "Set up downloads" is still offered but nothing happens when I try again.
  • @wmbarryd,

Please try using the plus sign (+), located in the top left of your software to reconnect this account.

You will select the financial institution, provide credentials, it should look for and find your accounts. Once accounts have been found, be sure to LINK to the existing account in your Quicken rather than adding a new account. 

Do let us know what result you get after using the suggested process.

Thank you!

Quicken Alyssa

• wmbarryd
    wmbarryd Member ✭✭✭
    Alyssa, 

Thanks, this technique allowed me to re-add my American Century account to Quicken.

wmbarryd
This discussion has been closed.