how can i change to a single mutual fund? quicken basic 99

tenpack
tenpack Member
the investment account was set up as a single mutual fund and somehow the ending share balance got changed to ending cash balance, how do i get the changed back?

Answers

• q_lurker
    q_lurker SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well QW-Basic 99 was a looooong time ago as you realize, but as best I recall ...

If your account only has transactions involving the one mutual fund and never has a value in the cash balance column, you can edit the account details.  There you should find a yes/no  option to declare the account to be a SMF account.

If somewhere you do have a cash balance value (maybe from a dividend received), you need to edit those transactions to redirect the cash to go to (or come from) a different account.  If it is coming from a different source, you may need to change a cash-in and a Buy, to a BuyX transaction.  

Hope this helps
  • tenpack
    tenpack Member
    There was never a cash balance. This was showing a share balance, and was working fine until a few days ago and I'm not sure what I did to make it change to a cash balance. I did see that under the edit account there is a place to change to a SMF but it isn't highlighted, so I can't check the box. Thanks for the help.
  • q_lurker
    q_lurker SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2022
    That then suggests that you have a second security that has been used in the account.  A change of class for a mutual fund (class A to B or Investor to Admiral) counts as a different security. 
  • tenpack
    tenpack Member
    I'm not sure how that would happen. It isn't connected to online accounts, all the transactions I manually input myself.
  • tenpack
    tenpack Member
    I copied all the transactions from the investment account that had the cash balance, into a new account set up with a SMF and the share balance was working. I'm just confused to what I did to cause it to change to cash balance in the first place. Thanks for the help.
This discussion has been closed.