Fidelity 401k - Fidelity funds not transferring

revdocaj
revdocaj Member ✭✭
I have my 401k and 457b with Fidelity through work. When downloading, only the non Fidelity funds will download. So the fidelity growth, fidelity diversified and the Fid 500 index are not downloading. Thanks..

Answers

• Quicken Jared
    Quicken Jared Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    revdocaj said:
    I have my 401k and 457b with Fidelity through work. When downloading, only the non Fidelity funds will download. So the fidelity growth, fidelity diversified and the Fid 500 index are not downloading. Thanks..
    Hello @revdocaj

I am sorry for any confusion you are experiencing, and I appreciate that you chose to take this opportunity to speak with us here on the Quicken Community.

Are all of these meant to appear as securities in a single investment account, or are they being tracked separately? Also, are you noticing this problem when trying to export and import transactions to Quicken with a .QFX file, or when updating accounts?

I look forward to your response, should you be able to check back in with us and discuss this further.

Thanks,

Quicken Jared 
  • revdocaj
    revdocaj Member ✭✭
    Hi Jared, They are meant to appear as a single fund that Fidelity tracks, each with its own ticker letters. I have them linked with another bank as well and they transfer over easily via that link. When I set up the link between Quicken and Fidelity I did so as an 'brokerage' and chose 'Fidelity 401k' I did try 1 or 2 of the other fidelity links, but I couldn't sign in to Fidelity via those. As for updating my other accounts, so far, no problems noted. Any other thoughts?
    Best,
  • revdocaj
    revdocaj Member ✭✭
    oh, and thanks for the quick response!
  • Quicken Jared
    revdocaj said:
    Hi Jared, They are meant to appear as a single fund that Fidelity tracks, each with its own ticker letters. I have them linked with another bank as well and they transfer over easily via that link. When I set up the link between Quicken and Fidelity I did so as an 'brokerage' and chose 'Fidelity 401k' I did try 1 or 2 of the other fidelity links, but I couldn't sign in to Fidelity via those. As for updating my other accounts, so far, no problems noted. Any other thoughts?
    Best,
    @revdocaj,    

I am sorry that the issue seems to be persisting, and I thank you for continuing to follow up with me about this.

Is this fund a new investment account, or have you been working with this Fidelity fund for some time before these issues arose? I was wondering if there was a specific instance you had been using for some time to link all of the securities.

I look forward to your response and hope to continue working with you on this.

Thanks,

Quicken Jared 
  • revdocaj
    revdocaj Member ✭✭
    No, nothing new about it.
  • Quicken Jared
    revdocaj said:
    No, nothing new about it.
    @revdocaj,

Thank you for continuing to follow up with me about this matter.

I am still left with a few questions about the situation, as it stands. When did you lose the data associated with the fund if it had been linking successfully in the past? Also, were you able to link all of the fund investments & securities through the other bank that you had mentioned, previously? Were there any investments you did not link in the past?

I am eagerly awaiting your response to these questions and hope to continue working with you on this as often as possible.

Thanks,

Quicken Jared 
  • revdocaj
    revdocaj Member ✭✭
    I just got quicken. I never was able to link all of the fidelity funds. Only 2-3 of the funds in each account ( there are three accounts) linked. The remaining funds did not link.
  • Quicken Jared
    edited January 2022
    revdocaj said:
    I just got quicken. I never was able to link all of the fidelity funds. Only 2-3 of the funds in each account ( there are three accounts) linked. The remaining funds did not link.
    @revdocaj,

I see, thank you for clarifying that for me. I appreciate you taking the time to keep in touch about this.

Which instance have you been using to try to link your accounts when you select one of the 'links' from the bank list in Quicken? Do you think you could provide screenshots of what is happening?

By the way, here is a thread with instructions on how to upload screenshots to the Quicken Community:

https://community.quicken.com/discussion/7663259/faq-how-do-i-post-a-screenshot-in-the-community-from-a-mac

You can also drag and drop the screenshots into your response if you are not given the option to add attachments. 

I hope to hear from you soon, and plan to continue working with you on this issue in this discussion.

Thank you,

Quicken Jared 
  • MattGuy
    MattGuy Member ✭✭
    I'm having the same problem. My Fidelity 401K has 5 funds in it: two non-fidelity, three fidelity. When I download, quicken only shows the 2 non-fidelity accounts and only uses their $ values. The other three: "FIAM BLEND TD 2025 R","FIAM BLEND TD 2030 R", and "FIAM SMID CAP CL K" don't show up and their dollar value is not included in Quicken's local total of my 401k. :(
  • revdocaj
    revdocaj Member ✭✭
    I just figured it out for me. Try Fidelity Net Benefits. That worked
  • MattGuy
    MattGuy Member ✭✭
    Jared - Any update on this problem? I'm manually updating the account values now - I'd rather not have to do that every month :smile:
  • revdocaj
    revdocaj Member ✭✭
    Since the accounts were work retirement accounts, I deleted what I already did and then realized there was an option to link to “Fidelity Netbenefits”. That worked for me.
  • MattGuy
    MattGuy Member ✭✭
    @revdocaj - Thanks for the tip. If I recall correctly, that's how I already set this one up. I couldn't get it via my regular fidelity account so I used the NetBenefits log in. I may go ahead and delete it and add it again and see what happens.
This discussion has been closed.