Chase account download problems

My chase Credit card account will NOT download transactions. I have set up Quicken at the Chase site to allow Chase to download to Quicken using Chase access but it will not download. I have reset the account; deactivated the account; and I have tried to "delete" the Chase credit card account to start over. Quicken will not allow me to "delete" the account. So I am at the end of things to try. Any suggestions?

Answers

• UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Have you tried the following procedures, one after the other?

Validate and Supervalidate instructions

First save a backup file prior to performing these steps

Validate: 

1. File
    2. Validate and Repair File...
    3. Validate File
    4. Click OK
    5. Close the Data Log
    6. Close Quicken (leave it closed for at least 30 secs)
    7. Reopen Quicken and see if the issue persists.

Super Validate:

1. File
    2. Hold CTRL + Shift and click Validate and Repair File...
    3. Supervalidate File
    4. Click OK
    5. Close the Data Log
    6. Close Quicken (leave it closed for at least 30 secs)
    7. Reopen Quicken and see if the issue persists.

• cromaney
    cromaney Member ✭✭
    I tried both Validation procedures and I am still unable to download to my Chase account and my Ally Bank account. I am getting a message indicating "Quicken encountered a server-side error while syncing your data." No new transactions were downloaded to Chase and Ally Bank. I can not deactivate nor reset this Chase account. I have multiple transactions that have been processed on the Chase credit card that have not been transferred to Quicken. Since this is my main credit card, I need to track this Chase credit card on Quicken. As a Quicken user for years I am very dissatisfied with Quicken ability to resolve this issue.
  • Frankx
    Frankx SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi @cromaney,

When you tried to "delete the account" in Quicken and it failed - what was the error message that appeared?  Which download method was the account setup for (Direct Connect, Express Web Connect, or Web Connect?  Also can you explain what you mean by "using Chase access"?  

Frankx

Quicken Home, Business & Rental Property - Windows 10-Home Version

- - - - Quicken User since 1984 - - - 
      -  If you find this reply helpful, please click "Helpful" (below), so others will know! Thank you.  -

• cromaney
    cromaney Member ✭✭
    There was No error message. I request that this account be "deleted", Quicken asks to confirm that I want to delete the account by requiring that I type "yes". I type yes and nothing happens. This is the same when I try to deactivate the account. I select the deactivate account and nothing happens. The deactivate icon blinks but it does not deactivate. I have tried both the Direct Express and Express Web Connect to try and download; nothing. Chase requires that I confirm that I want to allow a third party software (i.e. Quicken) to access my Chase account. I have confirmed that Chase has given permission to have Quicken to access my account.
  • Frankx
    Frankx SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2022
    Hi again @cromaney,

Based on this latest post, I believe that you should contact Quicken Support for hands-on assistance.

Let us know how that goes.

Frankx

-  If you find this reply helpful, please click "Helpful" (below), so others will know! Thank you.  -

• cromaney
    cromaney Member ✭✭
    What is the best way to contact Quicken support? Is there a charge for support services?
  • cromaney
    cromaney Member ✭✭
    edited January 2022
    OK, After 4 days, 3.5 hours, and 2 Quicken "tickets" being issued the problems with my Quicken "Premier" (what ever that means) software still does not work properly. There are several bank and credit card accounts that will not download updates, deactivate, reset, or delete. In going through two Quicken representatives in trying to resolve these issues they both basically "threw up their hands" and issued me a "ticket" and told me to call back in 24 to 48 hours. After the second representative couldn't fix the problem, by following the prescribed Quicken protocols, he provided me with a ticket and told me to call back in 24 to 48 hours. I asked what happens when Quicken provides a "ticket" and basically he couldn't answer. [Removed - Rant]
  • cromaney
    cromaney Member ✭✭
    edited January 2022
    [Removed-Disruptive]
  • cromaney
    cromaney Member ✭✭
    edited January 2022
    [Removed-Disruptive]
  • jvkling
    jvkling Member ✭✭
    I also need the CHASE downloads to work. I would appreciate it if someone would tell us what we can do to escalate the resolution of this problem. Thanks in advance
  • @cromaney,

Thank you for coming to the Community to report the issues you are having, though I apologize that you are experiencing this.

Here is a link to contact Quicken Support by phone. 

Alternatively, you can go to Help>Report a problem from within your software. Please provide a brief description of the issue and leave the log files attached. In the description portion, if you can also provide three examples of missing transactions that will help me greatly. I will need Payee, Amount, and Date for all three. You can then send the report over to Quicken. 

Let me know when you have done this so I can review the log files for you. 

Thank you!

Quicken Alyssa

• cromaney
    cromaney Member ✭✭
    I have sent you a help report problem log. Please review. Thank you.
  • Frankx
    Frankx SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi @jvkling,

Can you give us some more information about what happens when you try to connect to Chase?  Are you seeing an error message - if so what is the error code?  What type of account(s) are involved?  Which method are you using to connect (Direct Connect, Express Web Connect, Web Connect)?  Is this a new connection or did a connection method that was working , stop working?  

Get back to us and we'll go from there.

Thanks,
    Frankx

• cromaney
    cromaney Member ✭✭
    The Chase account has been working. The Ally Bank accounts give a CC-800 error. The error says that "It appears one or more of the Ally Bank accounts have been deleted." The error message says I should click on "Fix It" to repair the problem. I select "fix It" and it says the problem has been fixed. But it is not fixed. The Citi Credit Card account does nothing. The Citi account does not download current transactions and it does not provide an error when updating. The accounts use the Express Web Connect. I have had the Ally accounts for years. I have had the Citi account for months. They are not new connections. They just stopped working.
  • cromaney
    cromaney Member ✭✭
    This is the file location of the Quicken data file on my computer. "C:\Users\croma\Qdata 2021-09-28.QDF"

I was using DropBox as my backup service for my QDF backup files. I changed the backup location to my laptop "C:" drive. I am not sure how this will correct the Ally and Citi Bank credit card issues but I am willing to give it a try.
  • cromaney
    cromaney Member ✭✭
    I made the suggested changes in the file management that you requested and I am still getting a CC-800 error on the Ally Bank accounts. In addition, the Citi CC account still does not download transactions. I reset, the Ally Bank account but still the same CC-800 error.
  • Hello @cromaney,

To clarify, you can save your backups to Dropbox. Only the file you are actively using should be stored on the Local C: drive. 

If your file was not previously on the C: drive, I would suggest Validating and Super Validating before going any further. UKR provided the steps on how to do this above. Once those have been completed you will want to close and reopen Quicken.

For the CC-800 error, please review this Knowledge Base article if you haven't already done so. Follow the suggested steps and let us know if you are able to resolve the error or not. 

Thank you!

Quicken Alyssa

• cromaney
    cromaney Member ✭✭
    In reviewing the knowledge base in regard to the CC-800 error, the base indicates that I should "Deactivate" the accounts that receives this CC-800 error. In my case, that is the Ally and Citi Bank accounts. Unfortunately, when I attempt to "deactivate" these accounts, I am unable to. As discussed before, I am unable to reset, deactivate, or even delete these accounts. When deactivating these accounts I select the deactivate option on the account edit tab and "nothing" happens. This problem was witnessed by two (2) Quicken support representatives when I talked to them on the phone.

As far as the Quicken data file location. This file has been on my hard drive (C:/) since these errors began. This data file has been validated and "super" validated multiple times.

Ideas?
  • Hello @cromaney,

Thank you for continuing to update us on your progress. 

Please go to File>Copy or Backup Quicken File>Create a Copy or Template>Save>New Copy>Ok.

Now you should be in a New Copy of your original file. Once here, please go to Tools>Account List>Edit>Online Services. If the accounts still show as connected, try Deactivating them again. Once they are deactivated, go to the General tab and Erase the financial institution name and Account Number as well. It is a good idea to add the last four digits of the account number to the end of the account's name before going any further. This may help later when you are linking/reconnecting the accounts.  

Once the accounts are deactivated, please use the plus sign (+) to start reconnecting them. Be sure to link to the existing accounts in your Quicken, rather than adding new accounts. 

I also want to warn you that connecting accounts in a file that you have copied like this, can result in duplicate transactions for (usually) a 90-day period. 

Do let us know if this finally gets us past the roadblocks we have encountered thus far. Looking forward to hearing back from you. 

Quicken Alyssa

• cromaney
    cromaney Member ✭✭
    Although I had to re-activate every account this radical process appears to have solved all of the downloading problems. Yay, for you! So the question remains. Why did this fix this problem? Where the Ally and Citi accounts corrupt? Why couldn't they be deactivated? How did creating a new copy fix the problem? What happens if this process happens again? Do I need to create a backup?
  • I had the same issue with Chase on my Mac. This is what fixed it. I followed the account deactivation that @Quicken Alyssa recommended on Jan 27; the steps are different on Mac, but I figured it out. Then I setup the online account again.

Here's what is different....it seems that Chase is using a Multi/Two Factor Authentication method now for setting up the online accounts. They may have changed something, without informing all parties, on their end causing these issues.

Mine is now working and transactions are downloading!
This discussion has been closed.