Can't add a specific investment

Options
Sandan
Sandan Member
edited February 2022 in Investing (Windows)
When I downloaded transactions from my broker this morning, I had a few new securities to add. I was able to add most of the new securities, but Quicken won't add Deere & Co (symbol DE) to my Security List. "Unidentified Security" was downloaded into the security name, while 'Deere and Co' was downloaded into the Memo line. I have tried to add DE several times, through both the Security List (both automatically and manually) and through editing the downloaded transaction. When I enter the DE symbol into the "Add Security to Quicken" screen, DE is listed. After I highlight it and click 'Next', I get the "Quicken will add the following information for the new security Deere & Co.". So far so good. I click 'Done' and get the little blue spinning circle for a few seconds. It stops, but DE is not in the Security List. I have closed and reopened Quicken multiple times and even rebooted my computer between my attempts to add DE, but nothing changes. It is not hidden. The process I described above happens each time, so Quicken has no record of DE being added (but not displayed). I validated the file, but that didn't help. I’m not a techno whiz, so I don’t know what else to do. Any thoughts? Thanks in advance.

Best Answer

• Jim_Harman
    Jim_Harman SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options
    You say it is not hidden, but just to check, go to the Security List and check the Show hidden securities box at the bottom. Is it really not there? Click on the Symbol column header to sort the list by symbol. Maybe you have DE but with a different name?
    QWin Premier subscription

Answers

• Jim_Harman
    Jim_Harman SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options
    You say it is not hidden, but just to check, go to the Security List and check the Show hidden securities box at the bottom. Is it really not there? Click on the Symbol column header to sort the list by symbol. Maybe you have DE but with a different name?
    QWin Premier subscription
  • Sandan
    Sandan Member
    Options
    Sir, thank you for your quick response. You nailed it. The symbol DE was there, but it somehow got linked with an EFT with a name and symbol not remotely close to Deere or DE. I focused on the name, but failed to think about looking for the symbol. Everything now balances. Lesson learned. Thanks again for your help
This discussion has been closed.