Is there a way to display all data on each line of a report with splits?

srchase
srchase Member ✭✭
edited February 2022 in Reports (Windows)
I use Excel to further manipulate and report transaction data from Quicken. When I generate a Quicken transaction report that shows splits, the first entry for the split in the report contains data for the Date, Account and Description for the transaction. However, that information is missing from subsequent lines. When I export and copy that report to Excel, I have to then copy and paste the missing data from that first line of the split transaction to all the other lines for that transaction if I want to be able to sort on those fields in Excel. Depending on the size of the report this can be very time consuming and fraught with opportunity for error. I have not seen any option in Quicken that would cause that data to be included on every line so I'm looking at writing some VB script in Excel to automate the copy and paste of that data, but given that I'm no expert in writing VB code I'd prefer to get the data straight for Quicken.

Any guidance here?

Thanks!

Best Answer

Answers

• NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2022
    Nope, sorry, but other than using the Excel copy function, there's no way to do what you ask.

Q user since February, 1990. DOS Version 4
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription, Business & Personal
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP

• srchase
    srchase Member ✭✭
    Thanks. Would like to ask for that as a feature enhancement!
  • Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    Hello @srchase,

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community.
    srchase said:
    Thanks. Would like to ask for that as a feature enhancement!
    To request a new feature to be added in the future, what you can do is create an idea post. This way other users who have the same or a similar request can vote on your idea.

Our Development and Product teams frequently use our idea posts in order to improve Quicken and implement new features requested by customers. 

I hope this helps!

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• Jim_Harman
    Jim_Harman SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    There is no need for a new idea; this issue is covered here
    https://community.quicken.com/discussion/comment/20067294
    QWin Premier subscription
  • srchase
    srchase Member ✭✭
    Just when I thought I knew a bit about Excel, I learn a new trick. Thank you to this Community for the lightning fast responses and for pointing me to a solution. Much appreciated!
This discussion has been closed.