CIT Download Errors

Spokey
Spokey Member ✭✭
For awhile Quicken has been issuing a message about CIT changing it download system and how after an email I'd need to do something. I've never gotten this email and a few days ago downloads stopped with a 'server' error. Now today I get a message that downloads have been de-authorized. Says to look for into in the CIT services center. Nothing is there. And the reauthorize button in quicken just sits there spinning.

Anyone able to do this?

Answers

• ttwilliger
    ttwilliger Member ✭✭
    I am running into the exact same errors.
  • Frankx
    Frankx SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi @Spokey and @ttwilliger,

Apparently your bank (CIT) has made some changes in connections since its recent merger.  I suggest that you contact the bank directly to see if they can provide information to help you reconnect with Quicken.

Frankx

Quicken Home, Business & Rental Property - Windows 10-Home Version

- - - - Quicken User since 1984 - - - 
      -  If you find this reply helpful, please click "Helpful" (below), so others will know! Thank you.  -

• RB
    RB Member ✭✭✭
    New Connection: "CIT Bank Online"

Deactivate accounts first and clear bank name and account numbers.

Be sure to log into online backing website first and setup/update the OTP code (One Time Security Code) delivery method.
  • RB
    RB Member ✭✭✭
    See this link for more info
  • Spokey
    Spokey Member ✭✭
    RB - thx
    problem is I don't see anyplace online to do this " setup/update the OTP code"
  • Frankx
    Frankx SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi @Spokey

Have you "enrolled" in CIT online banking yet?  If not, go to this LINK.

Frankx

-  If you find this reply helpful, please click "Helpful" (below), so others will know! Thank you.  -

• Spokey
    Spokey Member ✭✭
    I'm not sure what you mean. I logon online, have gotten CIT downloads in to quicken for years and go online to xfr to/from other banks. So I think the answer is yes unless this is something new I need to do given their changes. I am BTW logged on right now. I just don't see anything about quicken. The only time I see an OTC is occasionally I get one if I clear cookies or use a different machine. Then I get a txt on my phone
  • RB
    RB Member ✭✭✭
    @Spokey

When you login after Jan 25th 2022, the account is migrated to a new system. You likely need to do this before you can deactivate and re add you accounts to quicken for Express Web Connect.

Full instructions are on in the following web site which is shown in the picture
  • Spokey
    Spokey Member ✭✭
    Thanks. I think I got it. I had logged in over the last several days and twice before just today. But just now perhaps the change occurred with my account because this time it sent an OTC to my phone where it had not in the last couple days.

Seems like a pretty convoluted procedure but I believe I'm connected. I did a small transfer between accounts to test it. Although I checked immediate, it is sitting in pending but maybe tonight or tomorrow I'll see it downloaded.

again thanks
  • Frankx
    Frankx SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi again @Spokey,

Yes- that's it!  Maybe they are rolling it out to different users at different times.  Let me know when it goes through.

Frankx

This discussion has been closed.