Deleted account keeps showing up from Schwab

jmillerc22
jmillerc22 Member ✭✭
I transferred all positions in a Schwab acct to a different Schwab acct. However, the old account keeps showing up in Quicken. I tried telling Quicken to ignore it, but no luck. I DELETED the entire acct from Quicken but it still sees it at Schwab and downloads the acct. Called Schwab. They said it's Quicken that is handling the info incorrectly. Ideas?

Comments

• retird
    retird Member ✭✭✭✭
    Did Schwab close the old account?  I just had to message them a scanned and signed "Letter of Authorization" to completely close the account. Schwab can explain the process to you...  

Windows 11 (2 separate computers)..... Quicken Premier.. HAVE USED QUICKEN CONTINUOUSLY SINCE 1985.

• Quicken Jared
    Quicken Jared Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    I transferred all positions in a Schwab acct to a different Schwab acct. However, the old account keeps showing up in Quicken. I tried telling Quicken to ignore it, but no luck. I DELETED the entire acct from Quicken but it still sees it at Schwab and downloads the acct. Called Schwab. They said it's Quicken that is handling the info incorrectly. Ideas?
    Hello @jmillerc22

I am sorry to hear that you are experiencing this frustrating issue. Thank you for contacting the Quicken Community for further discussion and support.

First, always be sure to save a backup before attempting any further troubleshooting steps. You can always do this by navigating to File > Save a Backup in the menu at the top of the screen while Quicken is open. Next, have you tried marking the accounts as closed in Quicken? This can be achieved by hovering the cursor over the accounts or investments from the left-hand panel of the Quicken window and then right-clicking or control-clicking the account and navigating to Mark "(account name will be displayed here)" as Closed.

I hope this is helpful, and I look forward to any response you may be able to provide, should you have the opportunity to check back in with us here on the Quicken Community.

Thank you,

Quicken Jared 
  • jmillerc22
    jmillerc22 Member ✭✭
    I can try that, but Schwab said that quicken sees anything from the last 24 months, whether the acct is closed or not. I closed the acct, but maybe that is different than "completely closing" the acct. I'll ask. Thx
  • jmillerc22
    jmillerc22 Member ✭✭
    Dear Quicken Jarred,
    Not only did I mark it as closed, I eventually deleted the acct from Quicken, but it is still being recognized at Schwab by Quicken. Every time I update my accts I have to tell Quicken to ignore the account. Nonetheless, it still shows up in my list of accts. The Quicken "text" helper told me to disconnect all Schwab accts and then when I reconnect I'd be able to tell Quicken not to connect to that acct. But I don't think that will work. Quicken doesn't show that acct in the list of Schwab accts during that function.
  • Quicken Jared
    Quicken Jared Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Dear Quicken Jarred,
    Not only did I mark it as closed, I eventually deleted the acct from Quicken, but it is still being recognized at Schwab by Quicken. Every time I update my accts I have to tell Quicken to ignore the account. Nonetheless, it still shows up in my list of accts. The Quicken "text" helper told me to disconnect all Schwab accts and then when I reconnect I'd be able to tell Quicken not to connect to that acct. But I don't think that will work. Quicken doesn't show that acct in the list of Schwab accts during that function.
    @jmillerc22,   

I see. Thank you for getting back to me with that answer. I am sorry that the problem is continuing to trouble you.

I can provide some further options if necessary, but at the moment, I concur with @retird's suggestion that Charles Schwab support be reached out to in order to establish whether or not this account has been closed properly in their records. Please note that it may be necessary to ask for 'Tier 2' support or an escalations team once you make contact, as the first-level representatives may not have the requisite familiarity with the Quicken software.

I hope to hear back from you with any updates regarding the situation, should you have the opportunity to follow up with us about this.

Thank you,

Quicken Jared 

• jmillerc22
    jmillerc22 Member ✭✭
    Thanks, Jarred.
This discussion has been closed.