Quicken "companion app" deleted an account

gawws
gawws Member ✭✭
Hello Quicken:

Upon trying to update a SunTrust/Truist checking account, I get the message "XXXX account was deleted in one of the Quicken companion apps. Click "yes" if you want to delete the account from Quicken for Windows, or click "No" if you want to keep the account but not display it in the companion app..."

What does this mean and why do I get this message? I have deleted an account in another QDF, but not this one.

I am running R37.67 Build 27.1.37.67 on Windows 10. I have a couple of identical PCs and this error happens on both. I am *not* using Mobile or Web.

Answers

• Quicken Paloma
    Quicken Paloma Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Hello @gawws

Thank you for reaching out to the Quicken Community. We apologize you are this issue. It seems that there is a discrepancy with the syncing of information. Could you please reset your cloud data? Before starting the process please ensure you have a backup of your current file. 

To reset please select Edit >Preferences >Mobile and Web >Reset Cloud Data. On the pop up window type in “yes” and click Reset. 

Once the cloud data has been reset please attempt to resync your accounts and let jus know how it goes! 

-Quicken Paloma
  • gawws
    gawws Member ✭✭
    Hi. Thanks for the response. I am not using Mobile and Web. When I follow your navigation, I see a Sync switch in the Off position.
  • Quicken Paloma
    Quicken Paloma Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Hello @gawws

Thank you for your response. Could you please turn the sync to the On position and attempt the steps notated above, please? 

Let us know if you come across any errors. 

-Quicken Paloma
  • splasher
    splasher SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    I bet the other data file that the account was deleted in is a copy of the first file.  The Quicken Cloud Account sees them as them same file and is trying to "sync" them to have the same accounts.
    Using the new Backup and Copy (File menu) routine will create a copy that is not connected to its source in any way. 
    You might try making a copy of the other data file.  NOTE: The online banking features will be disabled in the copy and you will need to re-establish them if you want them enabled.

-splasher using Q continuously since 1996
    - Subscription Quicken - Win11 and QW2013 - Win11
    -Questions? Check out the Quicken Windows FAQ list

• gawws
    gawws Member ✭✭
    Thanks splasher. You are correct.

I tried to stay off the Quicken cloud but apparently, the application insists.
This discussion has been closed.