newly started 2FA every time I download

jtjbt20x
jtjbt20x Member ✭✭
Hi,

I'm on Monterey 12.1 (21C52) and Quicken Deluxe Version 6.5.1 (Build 605.42638.100).

Problem: Every time I do a download from Janney brokerage I get prompted for text message 2FA.

Details: This problem started when Janney changed the names, but not account numbers, of all of my accounts, For example, the old name was "IRA 70-30" and the new name is "IRA 60-40." As soon as this change happened, I got the popup asking me to link accounts to the new names. I did this, but at the same time I only had the option for simple tracking instead of detailed tracking (which I've had for years.) Later, after relinking the accounts, I was able to go into each account's settings and change the simple tracking back to detailed tracking.

I linked the accounts and got the text message 2FA on the first download. Now, every time I download from Janney, I get the 2FA steps. I deleted the Quicken Janney account password in the keychain and then entered the password on the next download, but I still get the 2FA prompt for every download if I close Quicken and then start Quicken again.

I've tried to fix this problem by reseting each account but this didn't work, Next, I disabled downloading for each account and then activated downloading but this didn't work. I'm at loss as to how to fix this 2FA problem.

I also created a new empty Quicken data file and the 2FA problem was there too.

How do I fix this problem?

thanks.

Comments

• jtjbt20x
    jtjbt20x Member ✭✭
    I'm on Monterey 12.1 (21C52) and Quicken Deluxe Version 6.5.1 (Build 605.42638.100).
  • Quicken Paloma
    Quicken Paloma Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Hello @jtbt20x

Thank you for reaching out to the Quicken Community. We apologize for the frustration caused by this issue. To clarify, when you state that you are downloading from your financial institution what connection method are you using? Are you manually importing via a QFX (webconnect) file or Direct Connect/Quicken Connect?

To check the connection method being used select the account in question then Settings >Downloads. 

Please elaborate further. Thank you!

-Quicken Paloma
  • jtjbt20x
    jtjbt20x Member ✭✭
    Hi, it is Quicken Connect.
  • jtjbt20x
    jtjbt20x Member ✭✭
    I also tried logging out and logging into my Quicken account.
  • Quicken Jared
    Quicken Jared Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    jtjbt20x said:
    I also tried logging out and logging into my Quicken account.
    @jtjbt20x

Thank you for keeping in touch with us, and I am sorry this issue is continuing for you. First, save a backup by going to File > Save a Backup in the menu at the top of the screen while the Quicken app is open. I now want to ask: have you tried changing the Connection Type? To do this, go into Accounts > Settings > Downloads in the same menu as above, but make sure you have the investment account selected in the left-hand list. Next, click Change Connection Type, and select Direct Connect, if possible. Finally, go through the steps of entering your credentials and linking the investment account.

I hope that this is helpful, and I look forward to any follow-up you may be able to offer.

Best wishes,

Quicken Jared
  • jtjbt20x
    jtjbt20x Member ✭✭
    Hi, thanks for the tips. I tried changing the connection type to Direct Connect, and entered my login info but got the dreaded 'Incorrect Customer ID or Password/Pin.' I verified that the login information was correct and tried again, but it still did not work. Please advise next steps.
    Thanks, Brian
  • jtjbt20x
    jtjbt20x Member ✭✭
    Hi,

I talked with Janney tech support and they think they've isolated the problem.
    --In the financial institution list in the add account process I only get one choice "Janney Montgomery Scott."
    --There used to be two choices "Janney Montgomery Scott" and "Janney Montgomery Scott LLC."
    --Janney asked Quicken to remove the "Janney Montgomery Scott" choice and leave the LLC one, but it looks like Quicken removed the wrong one according to Janney tech support.

Can you get this fixed so the only choice is "Janney Montgomery Scott LLC" please? Please advise.

Another strange thing is when I try to reconnect the accounts, Quicken pops up the list of accounts to link, it pops up all my Janney accounts plus all my other accounts at other institutions. This also happens when I create a new database with nothing in it so Quicken must be getting the accounts from the old database?. Any ideas on that too?

thanks,
    Brian
  • jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    jtjbt20x said:
    Can you get this fixed so the only choice is "Janney Montgomery Scott LLC" please? Please advise.
    @jtjbt20x Unless one of the Quicken moderators here can confirm this is a known issue, you really need to report this to Quicken Support and try to get them to create a ticket to escalate this issue to their service provider (Intuit). This forum is mostly fellow Quicken users helping each other, and the development team won't see your comment here.
    Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993
  • jtjbt20x
    jtjbt20x Member ✭✭
    Sooooooooo, between chatting with Quicken Support and talking with Janney Tech Support, it appears that something strange happened with Quicken or the Aggregator. My problem started a week ago when my account names were changed and Quicken wanted me to re-link all of my accounts.

As noted above, there were two Janney names in the institutions list: "Janney Montgomery Scott" and "Janney Montgomery Scott LLC."

Janney had asked Quicken (or the aggregator) to remove "Janney Montgomery Scott" but leave "Janney Montgomery Scott LLC" in the list. However, either Quicken or the Aggregator removed the wrong one. The only choice now is "Janey Montgomery Scott."

Right now I am connected to Janney through Quicken Web Connect, which only has the 'Simple tracking method.'

To get the detailed tracking, I have to connect to Janney with a 'direct connection', which can only be accomplished with the 'Janney Montgomery Scott LLC' institution. Janney is getting back in touch with the Quicken or Aggregator people to fix the institution names/profiles in the list. This should fix one of my problems.

The 2FA problem is unresolved and we'll look at that after the institution name/profile is corrected to LLC.
  • FJV
    FJV Member ✭✭
    Have the same problem with Janney
  • jtjbt20x
    jtjbt20x Member ✭✭
    edited January 2022
    Is your institution in the connection setup Janney or the Janney LLC?
  • FJV
    FJV Member ✭✭
    Janney but supposed to be Janney llc but its not available
  • Quicken Jared
    Quicken Jared Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Hello All,

Thank you for taking the time to report this issue to the Community, although we apologize for any frustration or inconvenience experienced.

This issue is a bug that has been reported to our Development and Product teams for further investigation and resolution, though we do not have an ETA at this time.

Once a solution is created it will be made available as part of a future release.

Thank you!

(CTP-3162)

• jtjbt20x
    jtjbt20x Member ✭✭
    This transaction download problem appears to have been fixed. I had to call Janney tech support to get a Direct Connect password set. Then I went into my Quicken and disconnected all of my Janney accounts, then reconnected the primary account, and it worked after the linking process.
  • Hi @jtjbt20x,

Thank you for responding and updating us! We are glad to hear that the issue has been solved with tech support. 

Do not hesitate to reach out with any further questions or concerns. 

Thank you, 
    Quicken Jasmine

-Quicken Jasmine

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round-up of your top posts.

This discussion has been closed.