Schwab downloads Thursday security prices on Saturday and Sunday [Edited]

Options
JAMACC
JAMACC Member
edited February 2022 in Investing (Windows)
Security price is showing current date (1/30) but prices are from Thursday 1/27/22 rather than Fri 1/28

Answers

• Jim_Harman
    Jim_Harman SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    What is the ticker symbol for the problem security?
    QWin Premier subscription
  • JAMACC
    JAMACC Member
    Options
    COIN
    HACK
    SOXX
    XLF
    XLE
  • Jim_Harman
    Options
    I tried these securities in a test file and in each case the price downloaded from Quicken's quote provider is dated 1/28 and is the correct closing price for that date.

Have you done a One Step Update today? It appears that those prices were downloaded from your broker.

To verify this, check the security's price history by going to its Security Detail page and clicking on More the Edit Price history. The data that comes from the quote provider usually includes High, Low, and Volume but data from the broker often only has the closing prices.

• JAMACC
    JAMACC Member
    Options
    So the price history shows accurate High, Low, and Volume for 1/27 and 1/28, but for 1/29 and 1/30 (Sat/Sun) it reverts back to the Thursday price with 0 for volume data...very strange....
  • JAMACC
    JAMACC Member
    Options
    I also deleted the bogus data for 1/29 and 1/30 but when I ran an update they returned....
  • Jim_Harman
    Options
    Right. If you delete the 1/29 and 1/30 prices then go to Investing > Portfolio and click on Update, you will get updates from the quote provider but not your brokerage.

You should see data through 1/28 but not the 1/29 and 1/30 data.
  • JAMACC
    JAMACC Member
    Options
    After deleting I went in Investing > Portfolio and clicked on Update, all good, but when I rerun One Step Update it reverts back with the bogus 1/29 and 1/30 prices!?
  • Jim_Harman
    Options
    Right. Those incorrect prices are being downloaded from your broker. Who is the broker? 
  • JAMACC
    JAMACC Member
    Options
    Schwab
  • Jim_Harman
    edited January 2022
    Options
    I edited the title of your post to clarify what the problem is.

I am afraid this is an issue you will have to take up with Schwab, but perhaps another user has another solution. 

If you look at the price history for previous weekends and days when the market is closed, does it also have the Thursday prices?
  • JAMACC
    JAMACC Member
    Options
    ok thanks for working it for me.....
  • Jim_Harman
    Options
    Please check the price history for previous weekends and see if the have Thursday prices as well. That will help see if if this is just a one-time issue or if it happens regularly.

Thanks.
This discussion has been closed.