Does Quicken support stocks from Canadian stock exchanges?

Robert D.
Robert D. Member
edited February 2022 in All Things Canadian (Mac)
How can I link my Canadian brokerage account to Quicken?

Best Answer

• Boatnmaniac
    Boatnmaniac SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    I checked the Windows FIDIR file and it, too, shows that Desjardins does not support investment transactions downloads and there is no listing for Disnat.  What a Financial Institution supports regarding Quicken is a decision solely owned by the Financial Institution.  They would need to contract with Quicken to get that level of service set up before Quicken will add it.  You could always manually manage that investment account in Quicken but if that is something you don't want to do then by all means seek that refund before the trial period is ended.

(Quicken Classic Premier Subscription: R54.16 on Windows 11)

Answers

• Boatnmaniac
    Would you please provide some additional information/clarification so an appropriate response can be provided?
    • Which edition of Quicken are you using (Starter, Deluxe, Home & Business)?
    • Quicken for Mac or Quicken for Windows...US or Canada?
    • Who is your Canadian brokerage?

• Robert D.
    Robert D. Member
    I use the Deluxe edition for Mac, Canada and my brokerage firm is Desjardins
  • Gilles9
    Gilles9 Windows Beta, Mac Beta Beta
    edited January 2022
    As far as I know, Desjardins is not supported by Quicken for Quicken Connect, only QFX download from the bank ( and nothing for Disnat if this is the brokerage you use )
  • Robert D.
    Robert D. Member
    Good to know before the expiration of my trial period! Thank you!
  • Boatnmaniac
    Answer ✓
    I checked the Windows FIDIR file and it, too, shows that Desjardins does not support investment transactions downloads and there is no listing for Disnat.  What a Financial Institution supports regarding Quicken is a decision solely owned by the Financial Institution.  They would need to contract with Quicken to get that level of service set up before Quicken will add it.  You could always manually manage that investment account in Quicken but if that is something you don't want to do then by all means seek that refund before the trial period is ended.

This discussion has been closed.