Using Quicken Web and mobile app

jwilbt
jwilbt Member
edited February 2022 in Using Quicken on the Web
I currently use Quicken for Mac and the mobile app on my iPad. Everything else I do and don't do leaves me with a strong desire to cease having a computer at all and using only mobile devices. If I instead had a subscription to Quicken Web and the mobile app would I be able to perform all functions of Quicken? I am a very simplistic user; I do not track any investment info. I use Quicken only to reconcile the credits and debits from my bank accounts and credit cards and categorization tools to help me set up my next years budgets. Could I do all that with just Quicken web (instead of Quicken for Mac, and the mobile app. Thank You

Best Answer

• UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    The Mobile app and Quicken on the Web strictly are companion apps to Quicken on Windows or Mac. You still need to have Quicken Windows or Mac as the cornerstone of your financial records. The desktop computer is the only place where your complete financial records are kept. Web and mobile only have a limited amount of accounts and transactions available.

Answers

• UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    The Mobile app and Quicken on the Web strictly are companion apps to Quicken on Windows or Mac. You still need to have Quicken Windows or Mac as the cornerstone of your financial records. The desktop computer is the only place where your complete financial records are kept. Web and mobile only have a limited amount of accounts and transactions available.
  • jwilbt
    jwilbt Member
    Not the answer I was hoping for, but I needed to know. Thank you for the clarification!
  • Quicken Paloma
    Quicken Paloma Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Hello @jwilbt

Thank you for reaching out to the Quicken Community. We are glad that you were able to find an answer. If you come across any errors or have questions please let us know. 

-Quicken Paloma
  • Ps56k2
    Ps56k2 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    jwilbt said: Not the answer I was hoping for, but I needed to know. Thank you for the clarification!
    Have you looked at the new Quicken - web only product - https://www.quicken.com/simplifi/
    Unfortunately, it is not integrated with Quicken data files, and you would have to start all over...

QWin - R54.16 - Win10

• jwilbt
    jwilbt Member
    I have. In fact I used Simplifi for almost a year before I switched over to regular Quicken because it didn't provide the granularity I desired for reconciling and categorizing transactions. Thanks
This discussion has been closed.